Ring Tone Mess Up

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by thcri, Dec 9, 2010.

1. thcri

thcri New Member

I have a Ring tone that I have used for some time. Today I got a new Droid X to replace my two month old one. I am struggling to get the phone to see the ring tone for the phone. Funny thing when I set the ringtone for Notifications it finds the ringtone. If I go to files, I see the ringtone and I long press on it but only have the option to share, delete or move. I can't set it as ringtone.

any suggestions. I hope I never have to get a new phone to go through all the problems I am having again.
  2. Scubamike

Scubamike New Member

Answer (?) and question

My friend had an issue with not seeing certain ring tones. The only pattern I can see among the ringers that don't work is that they are larger files, 450k plus. I am not saying this is why, but you could experiment by triming them and testing.

Here is my ringer-related question: Does anyone else have the wrong ring tones play when someone calls? This typically only happens with my custom ring tones for certain contacts and maybe 50% of the time or less. Any solutions?
  3. thcri

thcri New Member

It is that I don't see the ring tone at all, as I see it under Notifications but not under the phone ringtone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. musicman

musicman New Member

You might want to try using ringdroid. It may let you assign it as a ringtone thru that.

5. thcri

thcri New Member

Seems weird that I would have to get an application to make something that should work-work?
  6. tatuud

tatuud New Member

Go to your sd card...make a folder called ringtones, make a copy of the mp3 you want and drop it in the new ringtone folder, reboot phone, that mp3 should now be a ringtone option

7. thcri

thcri New Member

Well thanks but that did not do the trick. I guess the best thing to do is just download the program as stated earlier and see if that will do it.
  8. tatuud

tatuud New Member

Ok try putting the ringtone file in ur media file...reboot. its weird but different locations on ur sd card will and wont work for ringtones. My rooted phone on a rom needs to have it in media...my friends rooted phone but no rom can have it just on sd card and my other friends stock one has it in media/audio/ringtones. Its weird but play around with location of ringtone folder within sd card till it reads it. I have to do that when I change roms but I can promise u it works...I have like 50 ringtones/notifications and they always work...separate folders but they always work

9. thcri

thcri New Member

Thanks much, that did the trick. After rebooting it did not find it right away so after looking at other directories I could put it in and finding none I went back and then it found it. Maybe the first time after creating the Ringtones Directory if I waited some it would have found it. None the less it is working and I thank you much.
  10. tatuud

tatuud New Member

Glad it finally worked for you.

Search tags for this page

ringtones are messed up all the sudden on droid bionic