Ring Tone changing randomly

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by brsmith23, Sep 28, 2010.

1. brsmith23

brsmith23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My damn ringtone keeps changing back to a stock ringtone on its own.to be quite honest its starting to get old because every freaking time I set a nice ringtone it keeps changing back to the terrible stock ringtone that annoys the hell out of new and anyone around me.i use manolo apps for ringers but it was changing on its own before o got the app.please help!
  2. gsxr_guy3344

gsxr_guy3344 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ringtones

let me see if i can shed some light ive had the same issue....what are you using as a ringtone...songs from your playlist? a ringtone that you downloaded? my issue is that my phone would ring and it would be the annoying stock ringtone...i found it to be a problem with my sd card or something of that nature...i would try and set the same ringtone i had and it would say " media file not supported" or some dumb **** and then i would try and play a song with the music player and get the same message. After re-booting phone it would work fine but yes your correct it gets annoying having to set it ALL the time...it hasent happened that often but enough to annoy the hell out of me....i dont know if downloading any kind of app or anything would help but its always worth a shot...hope this helps...if you figure something out let me know...
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    My ringtones don't actually change, but sometimes the wrong tone will sound for a contact that has an individual tone.
  4. jesq

jesq New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what happens to me too.
  5. everstar80

everstar80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mount or unmount your sd card before this happens. For some reason this can make the ringtones you have set randomly change. That's what made mine randomly change a while back.
  6. mcatdtDroid

mcatdtDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same issue too... my ringtones will just randomly shuffle. It still has a custome ringtone, but it's wrong. My email notifications do the same thing.

I have also noticed with desktop visualizer, where I can assign a picture off the SD card to an app, will randomly reset, as well. It will still have a picture from my SD card, but it's wrong.

I am leaning towards it being an SD card issue, too. But yes, it gets very annoying as it takes about 10 minutes to reset the ringers, and another 10 minutes to reset the pictures
  7. mcatdtDroid

mcatdtDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    one thing I'm trying to stop doing, as I'm not sure if there is a correlation or not, is I use the droid 2 to tether with.... Instead of just unplugging like I have been doing, I'm right-clicking and then disconnecting. you know, the "it's safe to remove hardware" kinda deal. So far no issues, but it's only been since Friday
  8. everstar80

everstar80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you haven't messed with the sd card on your phone since friday then it may be the problem.
  9. mcatdtDroid

mcatdtDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have hooked it up to the computer and it was mounted.... seems to be fine
Search tags for this page
droid razr randomly change ringtone
droid razr why does my ringtone change randomly
droid ring tone changing on it's own
droid ringtone changes randomly
motorolla droid keeps playing old ringtone when i have anoth
ringtone keeps changing back motorola verizon razr
ringtone keeps changing on note2

ringtones randomly change

why does my ringtone change on its own