1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

RIM convert

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by katharsiss, May 19, 2010.

1. katharsiss

katharsiss New Member

Hi all, I'm Kath from Houston. Years ago, working as IT for a law firm, I managed the Blackberries for the attorneys and of course, I had to have one, and I've had them since. I recently had a Storm and was underwhelmed, after my fourth replacement in a year.

So I now have a Droid. I'm a MS fan, but as I told my hubby, "None of this Apple dominion. My new Droid gives me freedom---freedom to screw it up royally!"

So I'm trying to learn, and I'm happy for this forum for that purpose. The first thing that ticks me off is how I have to hit a button to turn it on, instead of just tapping on the screen. :icon_evil:
  2. li2327

li2327 New Member

I have to agree with you there. I'm sure its there to prevent accidental pushes but I also hate that I have to push that button.
  3. katharsiss

katharsiss New Member

I just read that there is a screen app widget that allows a tap!!!

I don't use the actual phone much, I'm more of a texter, so I may find a workaround the butt dial (like possibly putting the phone app on another page?)
  4. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Get the menu to unlock app. It may be quicker, but I have no problems with the unlock button. You'll get used to it though. In the beginning I hated it, but now I don't even realize I hit the button and unlocked it :p