RIM convert

katharsiss

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Kath from Houston. Years ago, working as IT for a law firm, I managed the Blackberries for the attorneys and of course, I had to have one, and I've had them since. I recently had a Storm and was underwhelmed, after my fourth replacement in a year.

So I now have a Droid. I'm a MS fan, but as I told my hubby, "None of this Apple dominion. My new Droid gives me freedom---freedom to screw it up royally!"

So I'm trying to learn, and I'm happy for this forum for that purpose. The first thing that ticks me off is how I have to hit a button to turn it on, instead of just tapping on the screen. :icon_evil:

li2327

Reaction score
I have to agree with you there. I'm sure its there to prevent accidental pushes but I also hate that I have to push that button.

OP
K

katharsiss

Reaction score
I just read that there is a screen app widget that allows a tap!!!

I don't use the actual phone much, I'm more of a texter, so I may find a workaround the butt dial (like possibly putting the phone app on another page?)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Get the menu to unlock app. It may be quicker, but I have no problems with the unlock button. You'll get used to it though. In the beginning I hated it, but now I don't even realize I hit the button and unlocked it :p