Rhapsody on the Droid X

twb136

Reaction score
Does anyone use it? I used it with my Blackberry Storm and used the subscription service and liked it alot. I hated it because of the DRM though. Does anyone know if it works well with the X? I do want to get Rhapsody again, I just don't know if it is worth it with Android.

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Rhapsody

You need Rhapsody to go, to download Rhapsody stuff to your X. I use it. When I log on, I can use my playlists and library, etc. As of a week ago, it was a beta edition. When I use it on my Ipad, it is a full edition, and can download and STORE it on your device, for playback when you have no connection, wifi or 3g. They expect to have this capability soon for the X. I really like Rhapsody.

603johnny

Reaction score
I use Rhapsody on the Droid X. I downloaded songs onto the phone, and it seems to work great. Only problem is...the end of each song cuts off about 5 seconds too early. Drives me nuts. Anyone else with this issue?

Hurtem

Reaction score
I'm currenty using Rhapsody as I have been a subscriber as since as long as it's been available on Verizon. Side loading music via usb cable from your PC works great. Some people have had issues where they may need to re license their music often but there is currently a fix for the issue. I have had great experience with the product so far on my X. Rhapsody also allows you to stream your library as well as search and stream any song in the rhapsody network. This works great for on the go when you want to hear a song you have yet downloaded. I personally prefer loading the music onto my memory card versus streaming my music. I have noticed much better battery life in doing so, plus in the instances where I do not have excellent 3g coverage, I can still listen to music.

soba1

Reaction score
You need Rhapsody to go, to download Rhapsody stuff to your X. I use it. When I log on, I can use my playlists and library, etc. As of a week ago, it was a beta edition. When I use it on my Ipad, it is a full edition, and can download and STORE it on your device, for playback when you have no connection, wifi or 3g. They expect to have this capability soon for the X. I really like Rhapsody.

So we can download to our phones using rhapsody?

603johnny

Reaction score
So we can download to our phones using rhapsody?[/QUOTE]

Yes... it's very easy using the USB port directly from their software on my computer. Then I playback using the stock music player for Droid X. My only gripe is the music seems to end about 5 second before the song is over (see my previous post). Other than that....$10 per month for unlimited music. What a deal!

Hurtem

Reaction score
Incase he was asking if he can download music OTA, it's currently unavailable with no timeline in site. I've been watching the forums and updates over at Rhapsody since the i*hone got the feature and theres been little love for us android folx

soba1

Reaction score
Incase he was asking if he can download music OTA, it's currently unavailable with no timeline in site. I've been watching the forums and updates over at Rhapsody since the i*hone got the feature and theres been little love for us android folx
Yes thats what I was asking and thats what I am waiting on. Thanks
for clarifying. WHen that happens I will be doing this dancedroid

deubius

Reaction score
warning

I was using rhapsody to transfer to go tracks to my new droid x for about 2 weeks with no problems and no complaints, and then out of the blue it stopped letting me transfer new to go tracks to my droid x. I can still play the tracks already on my droid, but I can't put new to go tracks on there. Very mysterious. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions to it?

OP
T

twb136

Reaction score
I was using rhapsody to transfer to go tracks to my new droid x for about 2 weeks with no problems and no complaints, and then out of the blue it stopped letting me transfer new to go tracks to my droid x. I can still play the tracks already on my droid, but I can't put new to go tracks on there. Very mysterious. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions to it?

Did you ever resolve this? I am now having the exact issue but now I cannot use any of my music. I am getting general error 8004c01d. I am furious about this.

Mont

Reaction score

Did you ever resolve this? I am now having the exact issue but now I cannot use any of my music. I am getting general error 8004c01d. I am furious about this.

Im still having this problem, I been working on it for 6 hours now(not straight in between football)

I thought I had it when I downloaded the moto connect driver but still no avail. I used two different laptops with two different OS, Vista and XP

OP
T

twb136

Reaction score
What I ended up doing was when I downloaded the newest rhapsody app, everything fixed itself. Sorry for the answer if that can't help. Just make sure you are running the latest rhapsody on your phone.i suspect a patch or some missing component was added in the latest release.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Mont

Reaction score
What I ended up doing was when I downloaded the newest rhapsody app, everything fixed itself. Sorry for the answer if that can't help. Just make sure you are running the latest rhapsody on your phone.i suspect a patch or some missing component was added in the latest release.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

So you can side load(drag from PC software to to phone for offline use) with no problems now? I cannot see no one with these problems and the very few I see with it thats posted on forums are from many months ago like this one.

I can't see what the app has to do with it, I hope it works. I did have the app at one time last week but in hopes I could download offline music from there but the app don't work like that , I never tried to side load with the app installed. Ill give a shot

Mont

Reaction score
I got it to work by following what somone else did but I was reluctant to do.

A factory reset did the the trick. Hopefully I will not have to do this again, I felt I didn't need to in the first place.

I didn't lose much just the addresses under my contacts and the pictures I had saved under contacts, got all my apps back, calender, contacts, videos and pictures and my custom text notifaction ringtones.

The pre-installed app City ID(gives city names of outgoing and incoming calls) is working again, I guess I get another free trial. I like that app too, makes calls look complete but 2.99 a month is too much.