RF Transmitter

kristoff125

Reaction score
Not sure if it's possible, but I know cellphones have RF transmitters for their cell signal, is there any way to make that signal shoot out it's audio for car transmission, or am I forced to buy yet another terrible griffin RF transmitter that only gives me static?

On a side note, anyone know of a good RF Transmitter that's cheap, with a link, I could use to listen to my droid in my car, no Aux port on my radio. No cassette deck either.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
In short NO. The transmitters in cell phones work on completely different bandwidth than the radio in your car. They aren't even capable of being 'tuned' and even if they were you would not be able to transmit to both your car's radio and a cell tower simultaneously.

IMO the best option would be either find an auxiliary input to connect to your factory radio (if your car is new(er)) or replace your head-unit with one that has an aux input.

Last edited:
OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
I have an 05 CTS which has a very large head unit, to replace it would mean I'd need to replace my dash display, cdplayer, it's about 5 inches tall by like 7 or 8 wide, not so easy to just replace, can't just put an aux in plug.

rhs856

Reaction score
I found an FM transmitter with a usb port on the side at Kmart for $10. There are better models available depending on what you want. It plugs into the headphone jack and into the cigarette lighter. I know you don't want it, but it is probably the cheapest/hassle-free option.