Rezound Screen

Insidious

Reaction score
I don't use one. They make the screen look less beautiful lol.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

shockracer

Reaction score
I use the Otterbox commuter with screen protector, can only tell it has a screen protector if you look vary close at the front camera, the Otterbox covers the rest.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
My daughter's brand new Rhyme slipped out of her hand and hit the corner of a table. The screen cracked. She had a screen protector on it. It's not pretty, but she can still use her phone thanks to the protector keeping it together until we can get it replaced. I am going to put one on my Rezound now too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

The screen protector isn't really designed to keep the glass together, just prevent forceful scratching (which is hardly an issue anymore). So more likely than not her phone would look the exact same with or without the protector. I think screen protectors used to have a use, but smartphone glass has come a long way, so now it's just a marketing tool to get more money...fortunately they are pretty cheap though.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
The screen protector isn't really designed to keep the glass together, just prevent forceful scratching (which is hardly an issue anymore).

You may want to rethink that one. The wife has a major scratch dead center on her screen after only about a month. I already had a screen protector (below) on my RZ, so it's been protected. Based on what I've seen, I'd be afraid to go naked with this screen. If it is some other brand of reinforced glass, I'm not very impressed with its durability.

6x Clear Screen Protector LCD Guard for HTC Rezound/Vigor/ThunderBolt 2 Verizon | eBay

RH

corki2

Reaction score
You may want to rethink that one. The wife has a major scratch dead center on her screen after only about a month. I already had a screen protector (below) on my RZ, so it's been protected. Based on what I've seen, I'd be afraid to go naked with this screen. If it is some other brand of reinforced glass, I'm not very impressed with its durability.

6x Clear Screen Protector LCD Guard for HTC Rezound/Vigor/ThunderBolt 2 Verizon | eBay

RH

Yep. I'm convinced it helps keep it in tact not to mention keeping moisture out.

silverlake

Reaction score
I had a screen protector on my Dinc for 2 years. Now have one on my Rezound. Also keep it in front jeans pocket with screen toward leg. Believe it looks the same with it or without it.
Not the anti-glare one.

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
My wife and I both have the Rezound. We have Skinomi screen protectors on the rezounds and also on a Galaxy 7.0 plus tab. We are very pleased with the clarity of Skinomi. One thing I like is it cuts down one the reflectivity a little (The screen was like a mirror before). It also adds a tiny bit of feel to the screen which I think makes for a more precise gesture control.

andeejo

Reaction score
I like my Zagg Shield. They have a lifetime warranty. I paid 15 dollars for the shield and an extra 5 to have them put it on at the local Zagg store. I have had several rezounds (long Story!) so when I got my replacement phones I just peeled the shield off and took it in and they replaced it. The second time I had to pay another 5 to have them put it on. If there are any lint or bubbles in it, they will put another one on. It helps a little with the glare and there are no scratches on it. I dont think it affects how the screen looks at all. The verizon ones show alot of scratches and you have to replace them. People either like these or they dont. It has a little of the orange peel look, but I really cant tell its there. The texture is a little different, but I kind of like it. The nicest thing is that It wipes clean very easily. Since I am female, it is good for cleaning make-up off the screen. I have always used a case, but Im liking the rezound without one.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yep. I'm convinced it helps keep it in tact not to mention keeping moisture out.

Go buy two old smartphones, put a screen protector on one, and smash them both. It'll be pretty convincing. I don't know what you mean by keep the moisture out since the glass is sealed tight. Can't say I've ever heard of moisture getting inside a phone, unless it was defective or something and the screen was loose. But hey to each their own.

Hound what caused the scratch?