Rezound Screen Stays Dark in Call

Droidram56

Reaction score
My Rezound screen has suddenly started staying dark during calls even when I move the phone away from my ear. When I push the power button, the screen is displayed only momentarily. Very annoying. Does anyone know know how to correct this? Thanks.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
My Rezound screen has suddenly started staying dark during calls even when I move the phone away from my ear. When I push the power button, the screen is displayed only momentarily. Very annoying. Does anyone know know how to correct this? Thanks.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Have you tried the basics? Maybe try a battery pull or cache cleaning. You can also try to recalibrate the G-sensor. That setting can be found under the "display" setting.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
Have you tried the basics? Maybe try a battery pull or cache cleaning. You can also try to recalibrate the G-sensor. That setting can be found under the "display" setting.

Tried all of the above to no avail. Still the same.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Classic proximity sensor failure... If the phone is rooted try the Rezound Proxy Sensor Calibration app by Chad0989 otherwise try a factory reset and see if the problem continues.

tannins

Reaction score
Not rooted. Will try factory reset if condition persists. Thanks.

Reset did not fix this problem for me. It started after the ics update and remains the only bug from that update I haven't been able to fix.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
My og Rezound had this issue, got a replacement and eventually it developed the same problem. Found Chads tool and no more issues. I can only imagine how many Rezounds have been replaced when all they had to do was make an app that adjusted the sensitivity of the proximity sensor.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
Also use compressed air to blow dust out of your phone. Sometimes replacing the screen protecter will do the trick.

Coupe

Reaction score
Mine was doing that, I was shocked to find out that my crystal clear screen protector must have had just enough haze on it to cause an issue. Once I removed and replaced it my phone was fine.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
Classic proximity sensor failure... If the phone is rooted try the Rezound Proxy Sensor Calibration app by Chad0989 otherwise try a factory reset and see if the problem continues.

Well, lo and behold, the sensor has been working fine since the recent software update. I am curious if others who had this problem had it solved by the update.

tannins

Reaction score
Well, lo and behold, the sensor has been working fine since the recent software update. I am curious if others who had this problem had it solved by the update.

Nope. Still have this issue after update.