Rezound or Spectrun

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by RVnut, Jan 21, 2012.

1. cp24eva

cp24eva New Member

Honestly i say go with the Spectrum. Only because its not a proven phone yet. If you are drawn to it then get it. If it does meet your needs then return it and trade it into the store before the 14 days is over. No one phone is perfect. But there will be phones that do more of what is important to you as an individual. Take the plunge and let hope you come to that conclusion on your own. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  2. Scouser

Scouser New Member

I wouldn't say listen to the Rep, he is probably trying to move merchandise that is hard to sell. Spectrum and Rezound have similar specs, although the Rezound has more processing power. However, I do believe that the Rezound is a better phone in terms of camera. Moreover, I personally think the UI for the Rezound is much better as is the build quality. I also feel as if the phone utilizes it's processing power more efficiently than the Spectrum. If you are looking for a solid right from the start, go for the Rezound. If you want to try out a phone (maybe it'll be great, but it likely won't) then go for the Spectrum and return it before the 14 days. Hopefully this helps, ma'am.

Also, the Rezound is selling for $160 on Amazon for an upgrade right now, that's cheaper than the Spectrum I think.
  3. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Yes, you can, with some limitations. In general smartphones don't do well in low light. The Rezound and the iPhone have modes that will make low light pictures much better, but IMO they won't be print quality.

But in normal or bright light, most of the new phones can take beautiful shots. The iPhone and Rezound are the best ones on Verizon but the Razr and LG spectrum have excellent cameras as well. The rezound has great macro modes (ultra close up) and depth of field (where the foreground is in focus and the background is blurred, which gives a professional feel to the shots). Many have panorama modes. On the rezound you just tap on and object in the scene and the camera immediately brings it to focus. I found that to be very cool.

I would say look at the sample pictures online and decide for yourself. The Rezound will do better in low light. The spectrum does have a good camera, but it is not better than the Rezound from what I have seen, even in normal light.

The selling point for the spectrum is it's display. It has an IPS display which is as good as it gets for LCD right now. But in every other way the Rezound is as good or better. Including the camera.
  4. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  5. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

6. acousticshade

acousticshade New Member

I'll second what Jeff said. Low light shots with any phone aren't great, BUT print quality means different things to different people. Even the low light shots I've taken with the Rezound are decent enough for 3x5 prints and some 4x6 prints depending on the shot and type of light. Above that size, things get pixilated and colors get mottled.

Aside from that, IMO the Spectrum camera is not in the same league as the Rezound camera. It does not have the degree of detail, the colors are not as true and the flash leaves dark areas in the corners of the photo. Indoor shots often turn out blurry looking and washed out. But don't take my word for it. Check out some decent camera reviews for both phones, especially ones with multiple camera shots to look at. Some were included earlier in this thread.

I take well over 1000 photos a year for my job, so the camera is one of the most important aspects of the phone for me. I like the screen on the Spectrum and the battery might be slightly better (not sure), but everything else I like better on the Rezound. I could have switched phones as I was in my time limit, but chose to stay with the Rezound.
  7. acousticshade

acousticshade New Member

I haven't read anything about speakers blowing out. Could you be refering to the hissing/whining problem that a lot of people were experiencing in their headphones? This was a big problem, but the update that just came out has resolved that issue. Any new phone will have that update automatically, so you won't have to worry about the sound.
  8. tklp

tklp New Member

camera, etc.

You've convinced me, Jeff, with those photos. If they print as well as they show on my laptop, the quality is comparable to what my Fuji Finepix takes.
    My Canon Powershot is much better, but doesn't fit in my crowded purse. I saw a series of photos from the Spectrum from the phonearena site and they do seem less sharp.
    With regard to weight, I have horrible arthritis in my hands and need, but am putting off surgery in my joints at the bottoms of my thumbs because life is just too hectic to totally be without use of a hand for 3 months each. But if I'm going to be on the phone long, I can use a bluetooth.
    It was the rep who said they've had a number of returns on the Rezound for the speakers "blowing out". When I searched online about that, I found just a few mentions where it seemed it had happened due to listening to music at the top volume regularly. It seems to me, though, that these reps just want to push the Razor & Nexus for some reason at the expense of the Rezound...
    One other thing I didn't like about the Spectrum was how they had the apps categorized into lists (News, tools, etc.) I want to totally do my own groupings, not their pre-determined ones. Does anyone know if that can be re-done on a Spectrum?
    Also while I was looking at upcoming phones for this spring, I saw their is a new Razor (hate that coaster-like shape!) available now just in China, with a 13.0 MP camera. I know mp's aren't everything but I may see what arrives in the spring before I take the plunge.
    Then again, my husband will go for a $200.00 phone for me, but not $300.00 We have a business account through his work with Verizon.

tklp
  9. cp24eva

cp24eva New Member

Hey JeffDenver, you should really submit some of your pics to the HTCelevate.com site. they have a contest of people taking great pics with their cameras and I think you are a good candidate. I think the prize is another great phone on their lineup or something. Do it man. I see you love your Rezound as much as like a few others on this section of the forums!
  10. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

LOL, I would if they were my pics. But I got them from a thread on Android Central. They are user pics and are from the Rezound...just not my Rezound.

Next time I take pictures with it though I am going to try that Depth of Field mode or whatever. That first picture with the flowers looks really cool. I want to try something like that.
  11. cp24eva

cp24eva New Member

Ah, well maybe the originators are going for that contest then lol.
  12. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Some of those pictures are quite good. You do need a good camera, but taking good photos still takes some skill.
  13. ex0rcist

ex0rcist New Member

I love how everyones gripe about the bionic was the camera was terrible...and tossed it aside for that reason.. now the razr has THE EXACT SAME CAMERA. And hardware for that matter. But razr has a good camera? Ive even used the razrs camera apk.. and the shots look the same. Not great. Not bad. Its so funny how just a name makes people think **** is better or worse. Rediculous. And somone saying here in this thread earlier how the spectrum is a tier 1 phone alone with rezound gnex and razr.. but the bionic.is the same damn phone as the razr and.99% the same as the gnex ... except.. you do have up to 64 gb and class 10 sd cards and you can take the battery out. And it does have true hdmi out. And u can see the screen outside.. People are so biased here its sickening.
    To the Op and everyone else. Try the phone. U like it keep it. U dont. Return it. That simple. Thats why they give u 14 days. And fyi everyone. Bionic is a tier 1 phone. At half the price. On the same hardware as oh precious gnex with removable storage.. and the great razr cam.. or wait.is it the crappy bionic cam... wait is there a difference? Bah. My 2c. Peace. Waste of time this thread.
  14. redwood

redwood Member

I loved the bionic except for the audio whine issue, so I returned it, now I have a rezound. Since I waited for awhile I got the rezound for 150, pretty sweet deal. The camera is definitely better than the bionic, although i did manage to get some great shots with the bionic.
  15. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Its not the best, but IMO it is better than the Galaxy Nexus. I have not seen shots with the Bionic to compare. Can you post some?

The main selling point with the Razr is that it is very thin, very lightweight, and very durable (and the Maxx version has massive battery life as well). I believe it also has the fastest CPU (at least among the verizon phones).

I dont consider the Bionic a tier 1 phone. It is slower than the current tier 1 phones, doesn't have a 720p display, ect... It is half the price for a reason. Nothing against the phone itself...in several months the current tier 1 phones will not longer be tier 1 either. Thats just how it is.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  16. ex0rcist

ex0rcist New Member

Wow. Bionic has the same chipset as razr and gnex. Razr doesnt have 720p screen either just a oled pentile screen as compared to a lcd on the bionic... razr doeznt have the fastest processor on the market... in clockspeed or raw power. And neither does the gnex.. matterfact im beating every single razr on nenmark 2 and every gnex but a few...with my bionic gpu at gnex levels and my "non tier one 0map processors" @ 1.4 ghz.. its people like you who have zero clue about The misinformation they spread to people.. which hurts everyone else and this forum..
  17. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

...and is clocked at 1ghz. Even if the chipsets are completely identical (I'll take your word for it), it is still slower.

Razr has all the other features I just mentioned to make up for it. The Bionic doesnt. The bionic has nothing that is better than the current top tier phones. Thats why I dont consider it tier 1.

I didnt say "on the market"...I said on Verizon. And clockspeed does not = faster necessarily. The Razr is faster than the Rezound despite the fact that the Rezound is 1.5ghz. There are other variables besides clockspeed.

Your concern is duly noted. You should notify the moderators immediately. Just out of curiosity, what claim specifically have I made that is untrue?

No need to take it personally. Its just a phone.
  18. ex0rcist

ex0rcist New Member

Lol you said many things wrong. And bionic is absolutely a top tier dual core 32gb lte verizon phone. It may not have anything better but it has nothing worse.. therefore its in that class. Are you.kidding me with these replies? You misinformed on your last post. Most definately. And many would consider removable battery a better feature than a non removable. Many would consider a hardwire hmdi out with webtop better than mhi. Many would consider removable storage "better" than mass internal storage only. Ur reasoning is 200mhz? My bionic runs 1.275ghz all day every day. Without even a voltage bump. So 200mhz makes.or breaks a top tier phone in or out of the club? After you just said clockspeed is only one side of the story? Cmon man this int personal. You just dont know what your talking about. And now ur trying to save face..
  19. t35rk

t35rk New Member

The Bionic has the best screen for viewing outside, and has a smaller bezel than the Razr, while having the same size screen. Just sayin...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  20. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

The fact that you disagree with an opinion I have does not necessarily mean I am wrong. Not sure where you got the idea you are right by default, heh heh.

That is not enough to be top tier IMO. And I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so.

...but it's competitors DO have stuff that is better. Thats why it is not equal. It has no features that are the best at anything, but the reverse is not true. They DO have features that are the best in some areas.

The fact that you do not agree with an opinion I have about something does not = "misinformation". LOL

Using that logic, my Droid 1 is superior to the Razr. But which do you think most people would rather have?

So why didnt they sell it like that if it is so reliable? I could run my Droid 1 at 1ghz, but it was not the same as a real 1ghz phone.

You've declared it, so it must be so. No proof necessary. LOL
Search tags for this page
how to print pictures from a lg rezound
lg spectrum 2 vs rezound

lg spectrum vs htc rezound

lg spectrum vs. htc rezound
print photos from htc rezound
reviews for lg spectrum 1 v.s. htc rezound
rezound or spectrum
spectrum 2 vs rezound