Rezound or Spectrun

t35rk

Reaction score
Have to agree that the smackdown reviews lack professionalism. I can't believe that he says the cameras are about the same after looking at the two pictures. Plus he took the Spectrum one with backlight - an absolute no no as any decent photographer can tell you. Lol, he even admitted that he had no idea which phone would win in the battery department. Geez, do a stress test at least.

I was looking heavily at the Spectrum, but I think I'll keep the Rezound. It's bulkier and the battery sucks, but Sense is a much nicer GUI, it has Beats and the Beats earphones and the camera is better (slightly sharper images, better contrast, better flash and you can adjust out the yellow hue in the settings or with software). It's much harder to adjust images that are not sharp, especially if you blow them up.

I checked out the cameras in the store, on the Rezound and the Spectrum side by side. I was surprised I preferred the camera on the Spectrum much more. Pictures were clearer and lighter, but definitely not as warm. I could easily read the the print on the store's information cards taken from a few feet away. Not nearly so well on the Rezound. The auto focus and minimal shutter lag on the Spectrum also performed better than the Rezound as I quickly panned a couple of shots of customers in the store. For quick shots from a phone, that you want to view on a phone with a great screen, the
Spectrum wins.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

acousticshade

Reaction score
I checked out the cameras in the store, on the Rezound and the Spectrum side by side. I was surprised I preferred the camera on the Spectrum much more. Pictures were clearer and lighter, but definitely not as warm. I could easily read the the print on the store's information cards taken from a few feet away. Not nearly so well on the Rezound. The auto focus and minimal shutter lag on the Spectrum also performed better than the Rezound as I quickly panned a couple of shots of customers in the store. For quick shots from a phone, that you want to view on a phone with a great screen, the
Spectrum wins.

Your FTW is unfortunately flawed. Taking a few shots in the store and then reviewing them on a 4" screen is NOT a good way to compare cameras, hence why 'professional' reviews are so important to cell phone buyers. I've taken what appeared to be good photos on a cell phone only to come back to the office and find out that some of them were slightly blurry. The small screen can hide that pretty well and since screen sizes/densities/types are different from phone to phone, a review of photos from phone to phone is like comparing apples to oranges. It may give you an overall idea of what the camera can do, but you need to review photos from each camera (taken under the same conditions) on the same computer monitor to be able to tell the difference. Unfortunately, most of the 'professional' reviews lack a really good review of the camera other than to say the number of megapixels they have or to proclaim that they don't work well in low light.

As far as shutter lag goes, I've experienced no lag on my Rezound and the autofocus is really quick. While it doesn't continuously shoot like the Nexus, that feature is very limited as the focus tended to be slightly off in a large number of shots. I haven't taken many shots with the Spectrum, but others have commented that the detail is lacking with their camera hardware and I've noticed that the flash isn't nearly as powerful as the flash in either the Nexus or the Rezound. You can tell due to the darker edges around many of the LG prints I've seen.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Just a few pics I've snapped with the rezound.

Edit: Oops, the flower one was actually taken with my old Bionic. Decent, but I like Rezound pics better.

t35rk

Reaction score
Your FTW is unfortunately flawed. Taking a few shots in the store and then reviewing them on a 4" screen is NOT a good way to compare cameras, hence why 'professional' reviews are so important to cell phone buyers. I've taken what appeared to be good photos on a cell phone only to come back to the office and find out that some of them were slightly blurry. The small screen can hide that pretty well and since screen sizes/densities/types are different from phone to phone, a review of photos from phone to phone is like comparing apples to oranges. It may give you an overall idea of what the camera can do, but you need to review photos from each camera (taken under the same conditions) on the same computer monitor to be able to tell the difference. Unfortunately, most of the 'professional' reviews lack a really good review of the camera other than to say the number of megapixels they have or to proclaim that they don't work well in low light.

As far as shutter lag goes, I've experienced no lag on my Rezound and the autofocus is really quick. While it doesn't continuously shoot like the Nexus, that feature is very limited as the focus tended to be slightly off in a large number of shots. I haven't taken many shots with the Spectrum, but others have commented that the detail is lacking with their camera hardware and I've noticed that the flash isn't nearly as powerful as the flash in either the Nexus or the Rezound. You can tell due to the darker edges around many of the LG prints I've seen.

Reviewing pics taken with a phone on a computer is not the best way to compare cameras, at least not form me. 99% percent of the time I look at those pics on the phone. That is the best way to compare. I'll take my NIKON dslr or Kodak p&s along if I intend on making prints. Side by side the Spectrum provided more detail and was faster in my limited test. I much preferred it.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Reviewing pics taken with a phone on a computer is not the best way to compare cameras, at least not form me. 99% percent of the time I look at those pics on the phone. That is the best way to compare. I'll take my NIKON dslr or Kodak p&s along if I intend on making prints. Side by side the Spectrum provided more detail and was faster in my limited test. I much preferred it.

While you may like it better, your still doing an apples to oranges comparison. If you plan on just using the Spectrum's camera to view the photos on just your phone & your happy with it, then that's all that matters. For many other phone users who actually use their phone's camera a lot (me included), the better camera will be found on either the Rezound or the Nexus. If you do plan on using your phone camera more, you may want to check out some of the reviews. I included the review from phone arena, which usually gives pretty honest reviews devoid of fanboy opinion.

LG Spectrum Review - Camera, Multimedia and Software

cp24eva

Reaction score

I think you are missing one point. when you snap a pic from a camera it's not always going to another phone. It will sometimes go to an e-mail address where a person will look at the pic on their desktop. So with this being said, what if the quality on the screen of your phone looks nice, but then when gets enlarged a bit or zoomed in then looks crappy? Thats what happens sometimes. I could understand your arguement if you only looked at it on a 3.5 - 4.65 inch screen. There's that chance you will look at it on a 21 inch screen. I'm not saying one phone is better than the other. I'm just saying the comparison on the phone screen wouldn't be as accurate. Of course if we knew we were going to make prints we wouldn't depend on a camera phone for the job.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you are missing one point. when you snap a pic from a camera it's not always going to another phone. It will sometimes go to an e-mail address where a person will look at the pic on their desktop. So with this being said, what if the quality on the screen of your phone looks nice, but then when gets enlarged a bit or zoomed in then looks crappy? Thats what happens sometimes. I could understand your arguement if you only looked at it on a 3.5 - 4.65 inch screen. There's that chance you will look at it on a 21 inch screen. I'm not saying one phone is better than the other. I'm just saying the comparison on the phone screen wouldn't be as accurate. Of course if we knew we were going to make prints we wouldn't depend on a camera phone for the job.

People still print pictures? LOL

Honestly this whole thread seems like someone wanted to be talked off a ledge. Here's the end all beat all. They have similar specs, go play with the phones in the store and buy the one you like better. Play with it for 12 days. If you don't like it, return it before day 14 and get the other one.

cp24eva

Reaction score
People still print pictures? LOL

Honestly this whole thread seems like someone wanted to be talked off a ledge. Here's the end all beat all. They have similar specs, go play with the phones in the store and buy the one you like better. Play with it for 12 days. If you don't like it, return it before day 14 and get the other one.

yeah, thats what I said before. lol. On the topic of the pics and all I had to respond. Many of the top 4G phones on Verizon are close in specs. each of them with their shortcomings. In my opinion....and totally my opinion, I believe the rezound has the least bit of shortcomings.

t35rk

Reaction score
yeah, thats what I said before. lol. On the topic of the pics and all I had to respond. Many of the top 4G phones on Verizon are close in specs. each of them with their shortcomings. In my opinion....and totally my opinion, I believe the rezound has the least bit of shortcomings.

Completey agree. Since the update I can hear incoming calls from a Rezound great now, and the 1x connectivity issue has mostly gone away. HTC did a good job with the Rezound.

That said I'm not in love with the Rezound. The great screen on the Spectrum would let me overlook it's flaws, which seem to be few so far. No support, no root (yet), and 4gigs internal storage are the big ones. The LG though is tugging at my heart.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I don't know why LG has been overlooked as much as they have been. I mean the revolution well....wasn't all that. But smaller named companies are on the rise this year while bigger names are on the decline....like HTC. lol. Lets hope for the Rezound owners sake they start to show some growth.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would consider the Spectrum. I have owned almost exclusively LG phones (except for my X) and they were tough and worked well (except for the Cosmos). The Ally took a dive in the toilet (it was clean) and it still works great 9 months later.

X

cp24eva

Reaction score
I would consider the Spectrum. I have owned almost exclusively LG phones (except for my X) and they were tough and worked well (except for the Cosmos). The Ally took a dive in the toilet (it was clean) and it still works great 9 months later.

X

EWWWWWW TOILET BOY!!!! YOU WERE THE BOOGER BOY IN 5TH GRADE! HAHAHA! I'm kidding.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yup, we still print pictures in the 21st century & lots of them unfortunately. I regularly put together 3" & 4" thick reports where half of the pages are printed photos. Happens when you work with municipalities or other government agencies. They are usually one of the last ones to adopt technology changes.

t35rk

Reaction score
Yup, we still print pictures in the 21st century & lots of them unfortunately. I regularly put together 3" & 4" thick reports where half of the pages are printed photos. Happens when you work with municipalities or other government agencies. They are usually one of the last ones to adopt technology changes.

I do not doubt that the rezound's camera is superior for professional use, but I don't need the pictures for my work. In my limited side by side, apples to apples test, I preferred the Spectrum. I'm not sure how the in store test translates to real world camera phone use of family and friends everyday shots, but the LG screen makes viewing the in store ones, superior.

Last edited: