Rezound or Spectrun

RVnut

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading to either Spectrum or Rezound, specs are very close for both, would opinions from forum.

Last edited:

t35rk

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading to either Sectrum or Rezound, specs are very close for both, would opinions from forum.

You'd get better results posting in the general forum, unless you are already leaning to the rezound. I like the scrotum, or whatever you called it, for it's superior screen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think the rezound has the best screen out right now not sure why you would say the spectrums is better?

t35rk

Reaction score
i think the rezound has the best screen out right now not sure why you would say the spectrums is better?

Less pink, better blacks, better in direct sun. The Rezound screen is good, not great imo. Have you checked out the LG since it came out Thursday?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No just the stat's and reviews and most are putting them at equal at best.

t35rk

Reaction score
No just the stat's and reviews and most are putting them at equal at best.

I've read the few reviews and checked them both out. The LG screen is the best, perhaps in the store imo.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok with that all sorted out:yr1:, now we move on to build quality and support. Why on earth would anyone buy an LG device? Build quality will be lacking and and Dev support will be, well just probably not there. IMO.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of things that stood out to me were the battery size and internal memory.
On a side note the linked site shows the Rezound has built in fm radio with rds, but dadburned if mine has it

www.mobilesmspk.net/compare/lg-spectrum/htc-rezound
Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

t35rk

Reaction score
Ok with that all sorted out:yr1:, now we move on to build quality and support. Why on earth would anyone buy an LG device? Build quality will be lacking and and Dev support will be, well just probably not there. IMO.

Oh I hear ya on the support issue. But to each his own, the LGs screen is too good to not give it a look..

Last edited:

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Opinion i have owned both lg and htc
Htc to me is superior lg has a knock off touchwiz skin and a really crappy launcher sound wasnt all that good the screen was good but not worth to put up with the other nonsense

Sent from a rezound on the rebound

Volkaru

Reaction score
I have never liked the reviews this guy from wirefly gives. They're very un-professional and half the time he does little to no research before hand. I would take this "Schmack Down" with a grain of salt. Go look at both phones in the store, and come up with your own opinions, I personally like the Rezound more, I'm a fan of sense, and the build quality of LG's phones and previous endeavors with LG support have all been sub-par. The LG's UI is--like someone else already mentioned--like a cheap Touchwiz knock-off. Which I didn't really enjoy other than the fact that it's pretty bare-bones. The LG's screen to me may seem slightly deeper in tones and blacks (emphasis on slightly) but it also has a slight contrast problem (at least on the models I viewed) and it's got a slight as I like to call it Oompah-Loompah effect on people and some objects. The Rezound's screen may not show up in direct sun-light as well as some others, but I feel that the screen has the best quality overall, especially noticable when watching blu-ray files etc. I know I didn't touch on a whole lot in my explination, but It's just a quick look at how I feel about it all, and again. Go check them out and make your own assumptions and opinions, because at the end of the day. It's whether YOU are happy with the phone or not, not that someone else is.

cp24eva

Reaction score
We can't base this LG phone off of the past LG phones. I mean, some people out there didn't care too much for some previous HTC phones before moving onto the rezound. I love my rezound and i prefer to stick with it because at this point in time....unrooted....it simply works. great reception never rebooted on me very snappy UI other than the occasional pull down bar lag. Great screen, great sound, great build quality, great feel in hand. Only downside for me is the extended battery. The Razr get the MAXX and the extended battery for the G Nex is better looking too. I love this phone and really don't need to look further for a long time. But of course if you don't have a new phone and are in the market, i'd say go take a peak. Actual GO GET THE LG PHONE. Tell is how it is after 7 days of personal use then report back to us. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, I feel you can't go wrong with the rezound, UNLESS you have the unfortunate shipment of a dud like some (very few) people get. And the dev support is picking up some steam too. I think the masses are starting to realize the rezound needs to be mention in the top 3 VZW argument.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Have to agree that the smackdown reviews lack professionalism. I can't believe that he says the cameras are about the same after looking at the two pictures. Plus he took the Spectrum one with backlight - an absolute no no as any decent photographer can tell you. Lol, he even admitted that he had no idea which phone would win in the battery department. Geez, do a stress test at least.

I was looking heavily at the Spectrum, but I think I'll keep the Rezound. It's bulkier and the battery sucks, but Sense is a much nicer GUI, it has Beats and the Beats earphones and the camera is better (slightly sharper images, better contrast, better flash and you can adjust out the yellow hue in the settings or with software). It's much harder to adjust images that are not sharp, especially if you blow them up.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I have never liked the reviews this guy from wirefly gives. They're very un-professional and half the time he does little to no research before hand. .......
The battery life is such an important issue that the comparison is inconclusive until we know how long the Spectrum battery will hold up.