Rezound now or Edge later?

mekanism

Reaction score
I returned my nexus a few weeks ago and am still pining over a new toy. Should I get the Rezound now or wait for the upcoming quad core htc Edge?

The Edge wont be announced until late feb. at MWC, probably wont be on the shelves until at least a month later.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can wait that long, but I would say it won't be released probably later than that. So it could probably still be another 3-5 months maybe. But how knows.

Its your call, my motto has always been: "He who waits for next best phone, has no next best phone..."

By the time that phone comes out and you get your hands on it, there will be another one just around the corner..

Your call, I love the Rezound, and I came from the DROID X and its a solid phone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a hardcore gamer on your phone, I'm not sure what a quad core is really going to do for you. All the dual-core, 1gig LTE phones fly.

Being unlocked, I think you'd be set with the Rezound for 2 years, easy. The next meaningful or functional leap, IMO, is a 3-in-1 device (or at least something like the padfone). Padfone looks like it's almost a year away. And we are at least 1 gen away from a phone powerful enough to be even a low-end laptop replacement (you're talking at least a quad core with at least 2gigs of ram).

Basically I'm not sure what you get with the Edge other than a phone with a lot of overkill/wasted speed.

OP
mekanism

mekanism

Reaction score
I forgot to mention it will come with ics and a 4.5" display and a larger camera sensor. Im sure ics will be ported to the rezound soon but the larger screen will be nice. I will wait a little longer to see if the price on rezound comes down and to see if a possible release date for the edge is rumored. I don't want to wait 5 months, but I could wait 2 months!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention it will come with ics and a 4.5" display and a larger camera sensor. Im sure ics will be ported to the rezound soon but the larger screen will be nice. I will wait a little longer to see if the price on rezound comes down and to see if a possible release date for the edge is rumored. I don't want to wait 5 months, but I could wait 2 months!

Yeah, two month's isn't bad. and the Rezound will get native ICS more than likely, seeing as its HTC's VZW flagship right now. There is already an ICS leak from HTC floatin around but its highly unstable, but hows how close they are to an official ICS build.

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Should I get the Rezound now or wait for the upcoming quad core htc Edge?

I wonder how long the charger cable will be? I can already see the post, I love how powerful my Edge is, but a charge only last 30 minutes lol.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long the charger cable will be? I can already see the post, I love how powerful my Edge is, but a charge only last 30 minutes lol.

haha, i know right. you'll be carrying around 15 spare batteries that they provide for you lol

Kendraso

Reaction score

official price drop has occured, $200 on contract currently, both new and renews.

Insidious

Reaction score
I returned my nexus a few weeks ago and am still pining over a new toy. Should I get the Rezound now or wait for the upcoming quad core htc Edge?

The Edge wont be announced until late feb. at MWC, probably wont be on the shelves until at least a month later.

I got the Rezound over the edge. It all boils down to wether or not you can live with your droid x, and if you NEED quad core.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
I got the Rezound over the edge. It all boils down to wether or not you can live with your droid x, and if you NEED quad core.

Im going to have to ask you to change your avatar sir/ma'am. Lol. I'm kidding, but just sayin'.

Insidious

Reaction score
Im going to have to ask you to change your avatar sir/ma'am. Lol. I'm kidding, but just sayin'.

I need to make a new one now, because I used to be a Droid user :b.

cp24eva

Reaction score
You avatar looks like the Nexus insignia thats all. We all know you love your rezound. I see the sig.

Insidious

Reaction score
You avatar looks like the Nexus insignia thats all. We all know you love your rezound. I see the sig.

I stole that idea from p3droid forever ago and have't gotten around to changing it :b.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's my question. Who NEEDS a quad-core phone.?? I mean that's like having a mainframe instead of a desktop. I'm sure Jellybean or KrispyKreme or Lemon Tart or whatever comes after it will require/utilize a quad core but we're nowhere near there now. We're finally getting beyond wasting our second core with ICS.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I asked the same question about dual core when they were first announced. My Inc was so fast, so smooth I thought I'd never get a dual core. Now my Inc seems sluggish in comparison.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post