Rezound connected to tv

Volkaru

Reaction score
Is there any settings that need to be adjusted for this to work from the Rezound...I have the adapter plugged in, but it doesnt seem to recognize my phone...laptop to tv works fine, so i know i have a connection...any help is always appreciated!
Did you make sure to also have a micro USB power cable plugged into the adapter and into an OUTLET? The adapter can't function just plugged into the phone only.

tc1

Reaction score
Yeah you have to have it plugged in for it to work.

But problem with that is that the mhl adapter must reduce the power. Because the battery will discharge faster than it can recharge.

I have a battery widget that shows AC or USB depending on the cable used. And with the adapter every cable shows USB and the battery drains fairly quickly.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

flyboy472

Reaction score

I purchased this same cable, but from a different Amazon supplier (CE Compass). Just received it today and it doesn't seem to work. I even followed instructions from another forum to plug the cables in a particular order: HDMI cable first, mini USB power into the MHL adapter second, then MHL adapter into phone last. My phone shows that it is charging, and the TV gives me the normal message that an input device has been detected and asks if I want to switch to it. When I tell it yes, it switches to that input, but then it says "No Signal". I've tested the HDMI cable to ensure that it is good. Also restarted the phone, still the same.

I'm suspecting that it's just a bad part, but wondering if there's anything else I can try before contacting the supplier.

flyboy472

Reaction score
Tested with another Rezound, still no dice. The adapter is the only link left in the chain, so I've begun the return/exchange process.

tkoehler

Reaction score
Did you make sure to also have a micro USB power cable plugged into the adapter and into an OUTLET? The adapter can't function just plugged into the phone only.

Ok...I am lost on this one...from looking at the adapter, it goes directly to the HDMI cable and the other part goes directly into the micro usb of the phone...how am i suppose to plug it into the charger too...is there an adapter with a splitter on it?:frown:

tc1

Reaction score
Ok...I am lost on this one...from looking at the adapter, it goes directly to the HDMI cable and the other part goes directly into the micro usb of the phone...how am i suppose to plug it into the charger too...is there an adapter with a splitter on it?:frown:

One the side there should be a micro USB port for the power source.

tkoehler

Reaction score
One the side there should be a micro USB port for the power source.

Ok, I see it now...didnt have my reading glasses on...very small to see... :nerd: lol

Watched a little Netflix on it and it didnt look to bad...as long as you were not right next to the TV...but otherwise, pretty cool...the phone seems to get a little warm after awhile too...