rezound callers can't hear me

jferagen

Reaction score
When ppl call me they say I sound muffled and can barelyhear me...

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Try putting your finger over the mic. hole on the right side toward the top. I have the exact same problem, as do quite a few others. It's the noise cancelling mic. cancelling out your own voice.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I have people say this when I am driving, usually moving the phone to other side of my head fixes it... doesn't seems consistent at all though, some calls are better with the noise cancelling mic up and some with it down, but it only seems to be an issue when there is background noise. When I am in a quiet room no one ever complains about call quality.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I have the exact opposite problem. When there's enough ambient noise to be filtered I'm okay, but when it's quiet I have to block the mic

acejavelin

Reaction score
Weird... I own two Rezounds and I know several people that have them, everyone of them only complains about this when there is too much background noise. A couple of them found a fix by blocking or plugging the noise cancelling mic, one used glue (I wouldn't recommend this option) but another one use a small piece of tape and then put the cover back on, he said it doesn't fix every call, but it improves most of them that were noisy before.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Anyone have input on why this is happening? Is it something involving the threshold settings or did they just totally fubar the noise cancelling equation/mic placement?

acejavelin

Reaction score
I don't think there is any setting you can change...

As far as a replacement goes, I guess it would depend on the severity of the issue, if it makes it so your phone has unacceptable quality on an unacceptable number of calls, then yes, get a replacement but be aware that the VZW is out of the Rezound and is replacing it with the Motorola Razr (not the Maxx, although a few users who have been through lots of phones claim to have gotten them) which is a vastly inferior device compared to the Rezound.

But to be honest, most Rezound users have this happen occasionally, not every time or in every circumstance, it happens to me once or twice a week depending on the circumstances and I usually just pull over or move to another room and the problem disappears. To me that is acceptable.

EDIT: LOL... I thought you said REPLACEMENT and just responded, I reread your post afterwards and it was asking about the mic PLACEMENT, my bad. I think the placement is fine, the implementation in the software is occasionally "skewd" but generally works decently. Don't get me wrong, 95% of the calls I make are acceptable, only under certain circumstances/conditions do I get a bad call, and with the state of the telecommunications industry, 95% seems acceptable in todays world, we are a long from the "five 9's" (99.999% quality and availability) that was the standard when I started working in telephony 20-some years ago.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Lol, ace, good to know about the device replacement :p I was leaning more towards it being a software issue but as Im not directly familiar with the device and a quick google didnt turn up any specifics, i figured id ask. Thanks for the info and the extra bit-o-knowledge :hail:

MJKneuro

Reaction score
I get people commenting that they don't hear we well, usually while I'm trying to do something else at the same time. I shift my grip on the phone and is position wrt my face and every time the sound improves. This suggests the Mic is a bit weak and they way you hold the phone can make a big difference

OP
J

jferagen

Reaction score
I figured it out the little Mic hole was.plunged wit dirt wen I lapped it getting outta the car