Rezound Bricked?

b0w53r

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

New to the forum and rooting phones. Let me start by saying I was arrogant because I work in IT and did not back up. I know...

Anyways, I unlocked bootloader using htcdev. That part was simple as expected. Then, I thought I rooted properly and proceeded to place my selected ROM onto my SD card. I went in and attempted to flash. I thought it worked. After reboot, all I get is the white screen with HTC and then it goes black. The screen stays black (and slightly lit). I can reboot and still access bootloader but that's it. After spending hours attempting to fix this on my own being too embarrassed to ask for help, here I am. Tired and frustrated. Can anyone help me out, or the phone beyond repair? Thanks for the help..

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You probably didn't flash the kernel. Just go back and do that and you're fine. If you're unsure about the process take a look at the guide in my sig or ask questions.

indee2025

Reaction score
You probably didn't flash the kernel. Just go back and do that and you're fine. If you're unsure about the process take a look at the guide in my sig or ask questions.

This seems right to me...highly unlikely you're SOL if you can still reach the bootloader...after I unlocked I used Amon Ra and obtained SU but kept the stock OS...after cleaning up the bloatware and stopping things I didn't want running I couldn't be happier with the device...