Rezound battery works on tb?

dmack

Reaction score
Read on other site that the 1620mh battery works on tb and getting extra 1.5 hrs and using stock covet.

TB

orionsvantage

Reaction score
The batteries are the same, just 1400 mah on the tbolt and 1620 on the zound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

smmfc

Reaction score
So basically you could use it as a stock size extended battery?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
I typically don't complain about the TB a lot. I love my phone, knew what I was getting into with the spotty 4g network, random reboots, etc.., but Verizon should just send every TB owner one of these batteries for free. We shouldn't even have to ask. This is really ridiculous that I have to pay another $30-50 just to get my phone to last an acceptable amount of time.

Again, I love my TB, but Verizon and HTC collectively dropped the ball big time on the Thunderbolt IMO.

eldub

Reaction score
Batteries for 4g phones are 50% off at Verizon wireless stores right now, making the htc rezound battery only $20. I think I'm going to pick one up for my thunderbolt. I'm not sure if it's the same deal at "factory authorized Verizon retailers" though. At least they are throwing us a little bone for having such short battery life on our 4g phones.

Last edited:
OP
dmack

dmack

Reaction score
Just tried rezound battery its a little bigger but you can lock down all corners on stock cover and doesn't have any gaps on sides. Had to order one shipping to my house for 19.99

tbolted

Reaction score
Just ordered one from the Verizon website for $19.99 with free 2-day shipping.

I guess I could demand that VZ/HTC send me one for free and wait to see how that works out, or I could spend twenty bucks and get a spare battery with 220 more mAh by Monday.

Kind of a wish in one hand, crap in the other situation here. Not a tough call for me.

crakmasta

Reaction score
Was there some promo code for that? I didn't see that anywhere

Sent Via Bolt of Thunder!

crakmasta

Reaction score
Is it actually listed under rezound accessories? I didn't see any 1620 batteries

crakmasta

Reaction score
Got it..thanks. Here's to hopefully a few more hours of battery life

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I picked one up at corporate store yesterday. 20 bones plus tax. Fits and works!

Sent from my ADR6400L usi ng DroidForums

npro1464

Reaction score
Just purchased one myself today. Theyre still $20, get them while they're hot!! I still think Verizon should have gifted these to Thunderbolt owners, but I digress... Hopefully I do this right. I'm charging it until green while powered off, then I plan on booting into recovery and wiping the battery stats, running my phone until it's out of battery, then charging it until it's green again. I think that is the proper procedure, if there is one, to calibrating the new battery. One thing to note: the Rezound battery is noticeably heavier, not by much, but if this may bother some people.

I also got a chance to check out the new Razr. That phone is sick, I'm so jealous!! Beautiful screen and runs smooth as any phone/rom I've ever used. Nexus-schmexus, get one of those if your contract is up! It is huge though. Thin it may be, I don't know if I'd be able to tolerate a phone so wide and tall. As for the Rezound, meh. Between all of the devs for the TB, I don't think there will be much of anything we will be missing out on for a new HTC phone.

*ps- This should be stickied, and posted in the Thunderbolt battery discussion, if it hasn't been already

Last edited:

crakmasta

Reaction score
Is there an app or method that would allow us remaining stock guys to wipe the battery stats to set up the new battery.

Sent Via Bolt of Thunder