Rezound Battery - really bad

jchammer123

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that is thinking about the extended battery. I bought it today from Verizon for half price and it makes a huge difference. I even prefer the way the phone and extended battery feels in my hands.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange, my wife keeps 4g, sync, bluetooth and all that jazz on and makes it home late night with plenty to spare - guess she's not as hardcore as we are

Bpowder33

Reaction score
+ 1 on feel and performance of extended battery. it's literally same thickness as d1 with a case on...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

dan j

Reaction score
I had my power setting at Normal but battery life wasn't great. I do play Words w/ Friends and occassionally let the kids watch a little Netflix, but I'm pretty disapointed. I leave 4G on most of the time because I'm lazy (wish it had the one-touch 4G widget like my Evo does). Oh, one other thing, mine didn't sync email every 5 minutes on the Normal setting :(

wjoel

Reaction score
I don't know what all the fuss is about with the battery on the rezound.
I have my rezound for 2 weeks now, having come over from the galaxy nexus, which I returned.
Both of them have, in my observations, about the same battery life between charges,although it takes longer to charge the rezound.
The nexus has a slightly larger Ah battery,but it may be discharging quicker.

Fastbird

Reaction score
I just had my original battery replaced (for free, one phone call, no hassle) from Verizon. The old battery was a 3.8v unit and would CONSTANTLY heat up to 135+* and I have seen 150* on it once.

The new battery stays MUCH cooler, but on a 2 bar 3G connection last night, just browsing some pictures and internet surfing, it heated up to 120* also. It HAS had better life than the other battery for sure, but I think I'm going to have to swap phones cause I still can't make it 8 hours with light use without the battery dying.

PatG

Reaction score
I just had my original battery replaced (for free, one phone call, no hassle) from Verizon. The old battery was a 3.8v unit and would CONSTANTLY heat up to 135+* and I have seen 150* on it once.

The new battery stays MUCH cooler, but on a 2 bar 3G connection last night, just browsing some pictures and internet surfing, it heated up to 120* also. It HAS had better life than the other battery for sure, but I think I'm going to have to swap phones cause I still can't make it 8 hours with light use without the battery dying.

How do you see the Battery Temperature on phone?

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
End of the day about 45% battery left

I have a Rezound and at end of the day about 45% battery left. If there is heavy use just plug it in for a while. I do not feel the need for extra battery. I am very satisfied with the phone. :biggrin:

On a side note Battery monitor widget is super cool. All the battery stats you want.

Fastbird

Reaction score
How do you see the Battery Temperature on phone?

I'm using gauge battery widget.

Update.....this new battery is WAY better than my original. Only lost 15% during about 2 1/2 hours in a 4g area and light usage, without turning off the network or anything. I'd have need a dead phone on the old battery.

Posted from my Rezound

OP
I

itchn2go

Reaction score
I determined that my phone was not sleeping and running all the time - even when the screen was off. It appeared a process "HTCDM" was running all the time. I did a force stop and then ran into a boot loop. I did a factory reset and things seem better but not certain (it does sleep now). I used this app - it is a paid one. others might give you the same info...
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hc2tzdmVuLmJldHRlcmJhdHRlcnlzdGF0cyJd

overnight results were much improved (lost 2 % as compared to 20%)

esheesle

Reaction score
Just played netflix(via 3g) on the train to work(autobrightness) and dropped 10% in 20 minutes, which isn't all that bad compared to my og droid. After that I plugged in my newtrent external charger and still managed to drop 4% in 30 minutes(preferrable to 10%+ but still figured when charging it should at least break even). Guess netflix/3g/display might be more drain than charging can compensate for?

OP
I

itchn2go

Reaction score
my battery problem is solved...the phone was not sleeping and now is. Battery is not great now but it is in line what others report. My OG droid on CM7 has been sitting for a week or so with WIFI on and is at 30% with very low usage. I doubt the RZ could do that.