Rezound Battery - really bad

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I ditched my new Razr and bought a used Rezound specifically because it has an extended battery and I am quite happy about my decision. The battery life is fantastic. And the smaller footprint plus thicker phone make it much easier for my hands to hold.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk

Didnt want to try the razr maxx or you just gonna wait for the razr maxx plus with the 13 mp camera.

Deron

Reaction score
Didnt want to try the razr maxx or you just gonna wait for the razr maxx plus with the 13 mp camera.

Didn't want to pay $650 for the Razr Maxx, when I could get a Rezound + Extended Battery + 4 cases + free shipping (minus the Beats earbuds) for $350 on Ebay. And the Razr Maxx would still probably be uncomfortable in my hands.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
The extended battery on the Resound is bigger than the Bionic was. But needed given the standard battery's performance. It actually helps as it gives me something to grip without wrapping my fingers around the back and inadvertently touching the screen.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

acousticshade

Reaction score
The Rezound is a lot more comfortable to hold than the Razr and the battery life will get better, but won't be great unless you get an extended battery. I get about 3.5-4.0 hours of max use time out of my phone (that's constant gaming or streaming) and about 7-8 hours of general everyday use (mostly off but checking e-mails, web browsing, etc). That's with screen brightness down to 30% (which is all you really need anyway except in direct sun) and LTE and WiFi off.

I read somewhere that people were having success with a 1900 mAh non-OEM battery if you don't want to brick your Rezound.

pickaxe300

Reaction score
I have the 2700 mh extended battery in my otterbox defender and am loving the extra battery life. I am constantly screwing around on it, so usually it is due for a charge by 130pm. It is now 530pm and am still at 50%. It takes some modification to the cases, but how i did it, it fits and is not even noticable once the rubber sleeve is on the defender case! (a little rednecking mixed with a little bit of hillbilly made it all possible...lol)

redwood

Reaction score
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the life of the standard battery. Got my Rezound friday, and got 13 hours of fairly heavy use (for me) on the first day. A lot of tweaking and screen time, phone calls, texting, some photos and videos.

Yesterday I got 16 hours of medium use with 27% left at the end of the day. Some texting and phone calls, bluetooth on for a bit, emails, facebook, some pics and some use of the stopwatch.

Both days I had 4G always on, and power mode was set to performance.

I bought the extended battery since it was on sale for $29, but I haven't even opened the package for it yet.

Last edited:

tkoehler

Reaction score
I was wondering how the battery life was while watching a movie on Netflix on 4g...mine burned thru the battery pretty fast...anyone else have similar experiences or how to save the battery life...this is a stock battery in my rezound too...thanks

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as everyone else :

7-8 hours for moderate use
5-6 for heavy
10-12 for light use

3-4 for straight gaming

Just picked up extended battery today. I don't mind the weight or feel at all, but it sure isn't pretty now lol.

NOTE : battery life was near identical on bionic. Just how 4G phones go these days (except Razr maxx).

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
i honestly think i got better battery life out of my bionic with the extended battery (i have a rezound now with the extended battery)

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
The Rezound does have a better screen than the bionic. So it will use more battery for the hd screen. I agree, the only thing bad about the Rezound is the battery life. But out of the other 4G phones it has the best radio. I to got the extended battery and it does add more bulk to the phone but it's good. I can usually get 24-30 hrs of moderate use out of it. That's with my data turned off and nothing syncing.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
i guess mine is set to performance, im sure that's not helping :icon_ banana:

That's what I have mine set at. From what I read if you set it anything under performance it will lose 4G connection. So I just kept mine on performance.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

esheesle

Reaction score
I guess I must be a light user (1-2 hours screen on time, 30-90 minutes talk) because I end my day at 50% or so battery left (stock battery). Data is on all day and push email, google voice, google talk. No facebook/twitter synching though. Seems pretty reasonable as that is almost exactly where my OG Droid finished the day, until the end there where i needed to bump charge it.

OP
I

itchn2go

Reaction score
JD has helped a little. I have 4G off always except when i am downloading something large. I would not make it through the day with moderate use. I have to plug it in whenever possible. Hopefully some kernel development will take place and increase the battery life. Prime had done great work on the OG Droid. That started out similar to this but afterward I could go two days.