Rezound Battery - really bad

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can say that the Rezound has a good battery? I got mine a couple of days ago. Last night I had it charging all night; turned it on this morning. By the time it was powered up it was down to 98%. Really?? 2% just powering up. I was in a store today; while waiting browsing this fine forum using the app. Seems like the battery went down a percent every couple of minutes.

I also bought the ultimate version of Juice Defender last night. See what it does. I really don't want to go bigger on the phone and buy an extended battery. I am usually in my car or office all day, so I can charge it. But of course when you are out and about is when you really use the phone. Maybe I'll get one of those portable power chargers??? Any recommendations there.

All phones that measure battery in 1% increments automatically stop "quick charging" at 95%. From there, they trickle charge to 100. It prevents battery damage. So even if it might say charged or the battery icon displays charged, it's probably actually at 95%.
My own phone has decided before to not hit 100% despite overnight charging, it just sits at 99.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as motorola they would dominate this market if they would unlock the bootloaders or atleast do like htc. Because of that I can not see myself buying another locked down motorola device (my opinion and preference). I have the extended battery and its a needed improvement. But I knew what to expect because I had the tbolt on day one I put the extended battery in it and never went back to stock. Not having to worry about looking for a charger just to get through my day is worth the 40 bucks. And with the rezound the extende battery feels better in my hands. Now I do like that motorola went to slim batteries; the razr maxx offers more battery life while still being slim.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as motorola they would dominate this market if they would unlock the bootloaders or atleast do like htc. Because of that I can not see myself buying another locked down motorola device (my opinion and preference). I have the extended battery and its a needed improvement. But I knew what to expect because I had the tbolt on day one I put the extended battery in it and never went back to stock. Not having to worry about looking for a charger just to get through my day is worth the 40 bucks. And with the rezound the extende battery feels better in my hands. Now I do like that motorola went to slim batteries; the razr maxx offers more battery life while still being slim.

Indeed.. I must say, for my heavy use I can make it all day at work with 80% on the ride home. That's two 15 minute breaks and thirty minutes getting to work early as well as 1 hour lunch...plus I pull it off of the charger 2 hours before work. So the maxx would only be major overkill in my needs. Lol I'm so happy I once again made the right decision ( for me ).. I have one wish. Full HD..lol but I'm good till the next Motorola flagship....Peace!

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I also got the extended battery. Now after a full days use, I've still got 60-70% left at night. No complaints with the slightly greater heft or thickness.

OP
I

itchn2go

Reaction score
I bought JD. We will see how that affects things. Also I bought brightness motion for adjusting the screen intensity by shaking it &/or using the volume keys.

Yesterday I did some nav and watched ESPN for a while and it was not too bad. I was expecting worse. I don't have numbers.

Having a phone in AP mode does not seem like an option that is good. I still have an old Palm PDA that I could use if I wanted a phone in AP mode all day.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you end up not liking that brightness app, I got one called Auto Bright. All it does is tap the icon, auto bright comes on, tap it again it goes off. It's been a battery saver for mine that is simple to use and works well. When I go outside and need brighter screen I tap it, and when I go back inside, tap it again and it goes back to my user set 15% brightness instead of sucking useless battery on auto bright since I'm in and out frequently during the day.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

PatG

Reaction score
I probably will go with the extended battery. I have been using droid forums app for less than 10 minutes and battery dropped 9%. That really is no good.

So what about the size of the phone with a case? Is it now really huge? Can u still just slip it into your pocket with a silicon case on it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will depend on the pocket. Those Justin Bieber skinny jeans may cause a problem but regular pockets should be fine

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

spurscar

Reaction score
I've been really happy with the stock battery. Running the screen at 100% brightness all the time too.

Granted, I don't stream TV/movies to it so that the display is on all the time, but it is 4G, bluetooth on all the time and paired when driving, and I check things regularly thoughout the day... refresh 3 email accounts, one via push.

Pull it off the charger at 7:30am or so and it'll take until 10:30-11:00pm or so until the battery meter turns yellow.

PatG

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe since I only have the phone for a few days battery life is going to improve. From what I read that is supposed to happen (or a myth ?!?)

Does anyone use an external charger like this:

Amazon.com: Anker Astro 5600mAh External Battery Pack and Charger (Power Bank) with flashlight for iPhone 4/4S/3GS, ipod touch , ipod classic, iPod nano; Motorola: Atrix 2, Verizon Droid RAZR, Droid X2, Droid Bionic; Samsung: Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S I

Just ran across this today. I am usually near a power source (office, car) and not that much concerned with not having power. However, there will be those times, of course;). So this may be worth investing.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should see a difference in about 7-10 days but it won't be nearly double it anything, just a noticeable difference

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

sublimewade

Reaction score
The extended battery lasted me 42 hours yesterday and today. Awesome. And mobi has a case that only covers the edges and dosent add to the thickness. Buttons are cut out perfect and it looks great. I'm still waiting on the xt928, but I like this phone for now.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The extended battery lasted me 42 hours yesterday and today. Awesome. And mobi has a case that only covers the edges and dosent add to the thickness. Buttons are cut out perfect and it looks great. I'm still waiting on the xt928, but I like this phone for now.

Yeah i am loving the extended battery. It really isnt bad as far as thickness and I can use my phone freely without worrying about if Ima make it through the day.

Deron

Reaction score
Does anyone use an external charger like this:

Several people on the Razrforums site reported that their Anker portable battery charger didn't work properly with their Razrs. Not sure if this was a fluke or if it would also affect the Rezound the same way.

IMO, a 5600 mAh battery charger is only mediocre. You'll want to get something at least 7000 mAh or higher. A 5600 mAh device will only charge your Rezound like twice or 2 and 1/2 times. A much better option is to use the New Trent IMP99D. It has a 9900 mAh battery and was able to recharge my old Razr more than 4 times. Here is the link to my video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSDso84MDh4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk

Deron

Reaction score
I ditched my new Razr and bought a used Rezound specifically because it has an extended battery and I am quite happy about my decision. The battery life is fantastic. And the smaller footprint plus thicker phone make it much easier for my hands to hold.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Cyan Tapatalk