Rezound Battery - really bad

itchn2go

Reaction score
So I have had my Rezound for 3 days now and my batter life is really bad even on just 3G (pain to change it). I am coming from a D1 that was rooted/ CM7 with Prime Kernel and I am using the same apps. My battery is dropping 15% per hour in idle mode. I have not gone on a business trip yet but this is not going to work.

Are others experiencing this too?

I have not rooted this yet but it looks like I might need to.

jchammer123

Reaction score
It's gonna be much worse then the d1 because of 4g and the dual core. I connect mine to Wi-Fi every chance I get and only use 4g when I'm downloading things. Most the time I use any data is when Im at home on Wi-Fi anyways. I use lte on/off to quickly toggle 4g off and on. You find it in the market. I get a full days use out of mine. I am rooted, and I also plug my phone in whenever I'm in the car.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I think that is just the state of affairs for battery life with 4G phones - at least for right now. I had the Bionic for a couple weeks and the battery life was just as bad. I was coming from the original Droid X, which averaged around 12-15 hours. With the Bionic and Rezound I'm getting around 7-9 hours. I heard the Gnex was even worse. So if you're coming from an older single core 3G phone - then yeah, battery life is going to seem horrible (comparatively). I would recommend getting the extended battery, or a second battery to switch out, as you are not going to be able to get better battery life with any of the comparable phones out right now (except for the Droid Razr MAX).

esheesle

Reaction score
How much do you use it? I end a 15 hr day at 50% or more most days. 3g only but still.

PatG

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am also seeing the same thing. I got mine yesterday, ran it down all the way and took it off the charger at 1:30 today. 4 hours later I am at 60% with some texting, installing a few more apps and about 40 minutes of calls. 4G is off, Brightness at 40%, and I don't have any widgets running. Background data and sync are on, I got to use the phone for some things. I came from the non-rooted Droid 1 and the difference is quite staggering. A spare battery doesn't make sense to me as I don't want to keep taking the back off. Anyone know how much weight the extended battery adds? I guess the Razr with the extended battery is one option; but I didn't like how the regular Razr felt like. The other option would be an iPhone (uhh) as I heard they have great battery life. BTW, does anyone know if Google Location Service wastes a lot of battery power and if there is a quick toggle available for it? I haven't really seen anything in the market. I have read the power savings threads and pretty much do everything they suggest already.

esheesle

Reaction score
Can you check the battery usage? Sounds like a rogue app

PatG

Reaction score
I have checked it. Voice Calls at 46%, Display at 43%, cell standby at 5%, Phone Idle at 4% and Android OS at 2%. That's it. 4 hours 23 m on battery and down to 58%.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes these smart phones all have their flaws. Htc has always been known for horrid battery life part of it is because they put smaller batteries in their devices. Unless you go apple you are not going to get great build, greatest screen, great radios, and great build quality all in one device. The razr (especially the maxx) offer a decent radio but right now moto is trying to play catch up. See when the thunderbolt was released it gave htc a real world phone to test on vzw 4g and use it to learn. As a result htc right now is having the most success on vzw's lte network. Motorola would have had that same advantage had they release the bionic early last year. By having a late release with the bionic they are hving to play catch up with both the bionic and razr. I am not surprised bionic users are having issues on 4g because early in in the tbolt's life cycle users had similar issues. I think you will see a huge improvement with 2nd and 3rg gen lte devices. Until then I suggest users get an extended battery. Amazon.com: rezound extended battery

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I had the extended battery for the bionic... Pretty much resolved the battery issue. I did notice the increase in size and weight... But only for a day or two. After that it felt natural... Never thought about it again (that obviously didn't help with data drops though!)

Unfortunately I can't speak to Rezound... But I hope it's a similar transition. I'm probably going to get one here soon regardless. You have 2 weeks or something to return if you don't like it though.

OP
I

itchn2go

Reaction score
50% off extended batteries at VZW.com and the store from what i read in another thread.

Overnight on WIFI I only used 5%. I will run the test again on 3G and see what happens...this is the only way you can test rouge apps or widget usage or 3g/4g/wifi issues.

Whoever said the best builds and products are from Apple is drinking too much cool aid. Android will over take the iphone in all categories. Apple gets all the press because no one manufacture can advertise the way apple does and then you have all your east and west coast elites that think they know what is best. If you root your phone and install a custom ROM no Apple device will touch this and it is very easy to do (voids warranty though). NY and LA folks can't read so they will need to stick with the Iphone.

BTW - I love the Samsung commercials...they are putting it to Apple. Competition is great - makes everything better and government sucks - makes everything worse.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It takes more than a couple days to calibrate the battery.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I purchased the extended battery when I first got the Rezound and have been averaging around 36 hours with my normal use. using sling or watching sports on firstrow. tv definitely drains battery faster..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing I think is the Rezound strength is the battery life...all things being equal and considering its a 1.5 Ghz cpu. I have a RAZR and Rezound and they are about even for battery life. Thats with my not using Smart Actions anymore unless I'm at work and I put my Rezound in Airplane Mode at work.

I say all things being equal cuz I think the RAZR reception is a tad bit better in weaker areas for data. Phone reception it just is better.

PatG

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can say that the Rezound has a good battery? I got mine a couple of days ago. Last night I had it charging all night; turned it on this morning. By the time it was powered up it was down to 98%. Really?? 2% just powering up. I was in a store today; while waiting browsing this fine forum using the app. Seems like the battery went down a percent every couple of minutes.

I also bought the ultimate version of Juice Defender last night. See what it does. I really don't want to go bigger on the phone and buy an extended battery. I am usually in my car or office all day, so I can charge it. But of course when you are out and about is when you really use the phone. Maybe I'll get one of those portable power chargers??? Any recommendations there.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your battery didn't drop while booting up, it was never 100% to begin with. The battery meter is more accurate than older phones, showing the true charge.
Juice Defender has made a positive difference on my Rezound. The more time your phone is idle and the worse your reception the greater the difference you'll see with it. If you are playing with your phone every few minutes or so and have great reception JD will make little, if any, difference.
Here's a link about your battery and charging
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post