Rezound Assistance from Tbolt

armeddroid

Reaction score
I need some help real quick.
I just got a replacement phone from a Tbolt to the Rezound.

1. How do I transfer files to my SD Card? Seems like everything is going to Phone Storage.

2. What setting do I need on or set to make sure the display times out and turns the screen off? Seems like I will turn the screen off but if a text message comes, the screen remains on till I do it manually.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I need some help real quick.
I just got a replacement phone from a Tbolt to the Rezound.

1. How do I transfer files to my SD Card? Seems like everything is going to Phone Storage.

2. What setting do I need on or set to make sure the display times out and turns the screen off? Seems like I will turn the screen off but if a text message comes, the screen remains on till I do it manually.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I will try to answer your questions...

1. Most applications use the "Phone Storage" by default, each application will need to changed to use the external SD Card in it's settings, such as the camera. Applications cannot be installed on the SD card and will install on Internal Storage or Phone Storage (some apps on Internal Storage can be moved to Phone Storage, some cannot)

2. Settings-Display-Sleep and set the time desired, it should be 45 seconds by default.

If you got a replacement phone, was it a refurbished unit? If so, I would highly recommend doing a factory default via hboot before going too far...

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm familiar with certain applications that can be moved to the SD card but certain applications that I had on my Thunderbolt that was able to go to the SD card are no longer transferable. But I did notice that some applications that I had on my Thunderbolt are now part of the standard applications on the Rezound. So that might be the reason.

I will go ahead and check that setting for sleep mode on the Rezound. Hopefully that was resolves that.

And yes it was a refurbished phone. Can you please explain the process of the Hboot factory reset?

And thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What texting app are you using? Handcent and Chomp have a setting to allow the screen to wake when you receive a text. It can be set to on or off. If it's set to on it follows the screen time setting that was described in the above post.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

acejavelin

Reaction score
I'm familiar with certain applications that can be moved to the SD card but certain applications that I had on my Thunderbolt that was able to go to the SD card are no longer transferable. But I did notice that some applications that I had on my Thunderbolt are now part of the standard applications on the Rezound. So that might be the reason.

I will go ahead and check that setting for sleep mode on the Rezound. Hopefully that was resolves that.

And yes it was a refurbished phone. Can you please explain the process of the Hboot factory reset?

And thank you for the response. I appreciate it.
You will find there are no apps that can be moved to the SD card natively. I understand there are some apps that can do this, I am not familiar with them though, but the Rezound handles the SD card a little different than some phones. There are actually 3 storage areas, Internal Storage (~2.1GB) where apps go by default, Phone Storage (~11GB, in many phones this is called SD Card), and the SD card, which is just a storage volume.

To boot into hboot and perform a factory reset, power off and remove then reinsert the battery, power on holding VOL DOWN+POWER, after the phone vibrates and the screen comes on release POWER but continue to hold down the VOL DOWN until a menu appears then release it. After a few seconds of "Checking PH98xxx..." messages you will be presented with a menu, use the volume keys to navigate up and down and power like an enter key, the option to factory reset is right there. This will put you at a known good starting point for the phone... I have seen refurbs sometimes have "leftovers" from previous users/ROMs.

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
You will find there are no apps that can be moved to the SD card natively. I understand there are some apps that can do this, I am not familiar with them though, but the Rezound handles the SD card a little different than some phones. There are actually 3 storage areas, Internal Storage (~2.1GB) where apps go by default, Phone Storage (~11GB, in many phones this is called SD Card), and the SD card, which is just a storage volume.

To boot into hboot and perform a factory reset, power off and remove then reinsert the battery, power on holding VOL DOWN+POWER, after the phone vibrates and the screen comes on release POWER but continue to hold down the VOL DOWN until a menu appears then release it. After a few seconds of "Checking PH98xxx..." messages you will be presented with a menu, use the volume keys to navigate up and down and power like an enter key, the option to factory reset is right there. This will put you at a known good starting point for the phone... I have seen refurbs sometimes have "leftovers" from previous users/ROMs.

Nice. I'll get on it. I'll let you guys know wassup. I wanna start there first then see what happens .
Thanks everyone.