Revolution Lock Screen

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how to pull out the info I need to edit my current lockscreen to look like the on Revolution Theme... I'm running a red theme and don't want to change... but I would like to have the black icons for my sliders that Revolution Theme has...? Any help would be appreciated...

aggie12

Reaction score
If you want to do that just replace the .pngs from the revo theme into the framework-res of your theme. The unlock image is located in framework-res/drawable-hdpi/ic_jog_dial_unlock the others are similar. The sliders are in the same folder but start with 'jog' I would just drag and drop to get the same effect

OP
J

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Got ya... I figured all that out, but I appreciate the help... Once I've replaced them and then put them back in the framework using 7zip how to I put the framework back on the phone. Can I copy it back to the same dir on the phone and then reboot? Or do I need to push it? Also, lets say I wanted to edit these files and add some of my own color to it... what editor can I use... apparently I can't use Photoshop...

aggie12

Reaction score
The way I do it, not saying you should do it this way, is take the edited framework-res.apk and put it in the theme and just flash the theme again. I would imagine you could just place it in the directory on the phone but make sure you set the permissions correctly and then reboot. Flashing it through the theme does the same thing. I use gimp to edit any icons that I need. Why do you say you can't use PS? I've used that before too.

OP
J

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Wow... I put it back over using Root explorer and replace the existing Framework.apk... rebooted... boot looped twice... then pulled battery a 3rd time and it booted right up... with the correct lockscreen now... I'm happy with it...

OP
J

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
the .9 pngs I can't edit using Photoshop... but I found a tutorial on how to do it now... thanks again for the help...