[REVIEW] Flashcard apps for the Droid

pear

Reaction score
Have you tried LingLing already? I think it is a really fun app :)

hhoang

Reaction score
Hi HHoang,

I'm the developer of FluxCards and therefore try to take the best ideas of all similar projects. In yours I like the modern looking interface, the quick start-up time for newbies and the funny animation of the card menu while learning.
… but there are some issues:
  • I don't take serious any flash cards app that does not use a form of spaced repetition. Once you use an app for more than 2 weeks to learn, you are lost in keeping track which cards to learn if you don't have this powerful tool.
  • Creating cards is a pain. When I add a card, the save button disappears so I have to close the keyboard to access it.
    Your app: Add Card -> give focos to open keyboard -> type -> fling -> type -> close keyboard -> save -> Add card.
    My app (in landscape mode): type question -> continue -> type answer -> done -> type question …

Hey Giszmo, thanks for your advice, it means a lot to get advice from experts in the field.
CardCloud is still a work in progress so I'm still working on features, my class schedule this semester has been a little crazy, but I've been working on adding features inbetween work and school.

To address some of your concerns, I do agree that haven't a smarter way of showing cards to users is an important features. I'm currently in the process of implementing something similar, which I hope will be released over the next few weeks.

As for adding cards, I've recently implemented new features on my website, CardCloud.net. You can login at CardCloud.net and make your flashcards online, then you can hit the sync button on the app to download your online cards to your phone. It's still in Beta mode right now, so If I could get some people to test out the syncing functionality,I would really appreciate it! I think this feature makes it very easy for users to create new decks.

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.

GECKO86

Reaction score
Of all the mention above apps,which one will allow me to download my private sets from quizlet?
I have used Fluxcards so far.Any reccomendations is appreciated

merryflip

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have just written an article about Android flashcard apps, with up-to-date reviews of 14 of them - you can find it at Using an Android smartphone to learn vocabulary - Richard's computer support and training page.

Hope it helps someone to find the app they need...

well, I just know such one useful blog for your reference: Create and Print Happy New Year?s Greeting Cards 2013 | XFlip Blog

Richard

hi, dear, I just clicked the link above and read the topic carefully, it's really very useful to all of us! Well done!

fiszkilerner

Reaction score
I can't believe this. I've been using for 2 years now Edukoala and I just find out that that project is down and won't be continued. But for Christ sake! Why any of these apps haven't got a LOCKSCREEN flashcards feature!? Edukoala had one and I can't find any other to replace it! Do something with that, because I am, and probably plenty of us, too lazy to turn on flashcards app to learn. LOCKSCREEN flashcards is the best option for people who want to learn few words a week during their daily routine. Do something with that, please.
Your user