Review - ClockworkMod Launcher

kappadappa

Reaction score
True about the fc's on 2.1 with Helix2, but it looks like they are working on the issue, based on their change-log. I guess I'm just a bit surprised to see the cost of this launcher when an updated free Helix2 with 7 screens will probably be out soon.

(I was using Helix2 before updating to UD9.8, and I'm using Helix now until Helix2 is fixed again.)

kappadappa

Reaction score
And I would donate too, but recently had a credit card hacked into...

OP
M

Magdroid

Reaction score
From my understanding (and it is possibly a rumor) the Helix/Helix2 dev gave up on the App. And just recently, the Dev (Koush) from ClockworkMod has been helping the Helix2 Dev beef up the Helix2 Launcher. Again, it may just be a rumor.

gunit

Reaction score
I bought Clockwork last night to see what the buzz was about. I have to say I like it. I have not seen any slowdowns at all, and the 3D works well. A very good first release and persistent apps would be great.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Yes, Helix 2.

I didn't say I have it hehe. If you donate to ruqq, you get in on all these early releases. Being that my checking acount got hacked, I am being stingy right now.

Yep, from what I hear the H2 Beta is VERY nice. ;)

Stick with "6", "7" is whacked for a stocker. ;)

Last edited:

kappadappa

Reaction score
By following the link on the Helix2 market page, I was able to download for free the Helix2 version 7beta 2 on UD9.8 - 3d launcher - so fast - 7 screens, shortcut bar, and - very smart - app launcher button on lower right hand side instead of in the middle. (Good for righties, not so much for lefties.).

I had to put my money where my mouth is and donated, but that was after I had the launcher working on UD9.8 for free.

OK - I'll shut up on this thread now, since it's a clockwork review, not a Helix2 promo. But, I feel like Helix deserves the funds much more since they have been working on this forever, and their quicklaunch shortcuts work. And 7 screens. Blah blah blah...

xandor

Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and downloaded this. I've had times where it takes a while to draw the icons on the screen, usually when pulling it out of the multimedia dock, as well as it not responding to touch commands unless I lock and unlock the phone, or touch one of the buttons in the bottom row (i.e. home/menu).

I think I can deal with that until they can be fixed (hopefully).