Review: Cimo S-Line TPU Case for the RAZR w/ PIC

oscarod

Reaction score
This is a review of the case(s) made by Cimo for the RAZR. I purchased it off Amazon directly.

I purchased two due to a promo going on at the moment. I bought a Clear and Black. They also have Purple and Red, but I'm wasn't interested in colors for the phone.

After I received the case in the mail, I opened it up and took a first look at it. I didn't have my phone on me at the time but I noticed it was very flexible. The surface is matte and glossy, which had a good impression on my since the glossy surface provides great grip. Also, there is a pattern on the sides which provide further grip.

When I had both the phone and case at one place, I installed it (if you want to call it that). I was surprised at how well it fit, especially considering the phone was a pretty new release and some issues occur (as did with my Bionic). The first thing I tried out was the buttons. It's definitely not as great as without a case, but better than most, and so far I've tried out the VZ skin sold in stores ($..). Both power and volume buttons are great.

I was worried that there would be an issue with the case not covering the front properly, but it appears that the edge over the front of the screen prevents it from coming in contact with any surface you lay it on. The same with the back of the camera.

The part that I don't like about this case is that it's blocking the HD 1080p text on the back of the phone. This is a very small issue, and maybe I'm just being picky. I do like that the rear is open since it will prevent the flash from obscuring the photos. I took some photos with this case on and there doesn't seem to be any visible issues.

Pictures, as promised!

View attachment 42811View attachment 42812View attachment 42813View attachment 42814

(amateur photography at it's finest.. :)

The clear version of the Cimo case lets you see the engraving and carbon fiber pattern.

Overall, I'd really recommend this case, especially at the price it's being sold at right now (under $9 shipped). I'd give the case a 9/10, only a point taken off because of the cut off text. I'll surely be buying more cases from Cimo if they can keep this up. It's a great value for such a low price.

I'm willing to answer any questions you might have about this case. I'm not very active though, so maybe a PM to remind me may be called for :p

MooseOnRoids

Reaction score
provide update?

now that you have it for over a month, do you have any new coments? Do you have any cracks like some Incipio users?

MooseOnRoids

Reaction score
Back mic covered

I was almost sold on it until the video (quickly) glossed over the fact that the mic hole on the back of the phone is in the wrong spot (more towards lower center rather than lower right).

I am going crazy because the other one that I liked was the Incipio Feather, but that one is know to crack on other Droid models.

I liked both of these for their slim design and coverage of edges, but they both have one major gotchya :angry::icon_evil::p

The Diztronic might be the next best one, but it does not look as slim or as nice as the above two - what to do, what to do....