reverted to stock...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I had installed Home++ and loved it, but adding some other apps and then some Droid quirks to the mix I started getting leary. Plus as another mentioned around here Home++ seemed to slow down after last update. Then last week bam couldn't read my sd card and I had to format it :( lost everything except most of my pics which I had put on my pc. Now I may have overreacted but I considered that 2.1 may/hopefully/should be coming out in Jan. So I decided to dump Home++ and not reinstall some other apps until then. If no 2.1 I will probably put Home++ back on but keeping fingers crossed for 2.1.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had installed Home++ and loved it, but adding some other apps and then some Droid quirks to the mix I started getting leary. Plus as another mentioned around here Home++ seemed to slow down after last update. Then last week bam couldn't read my sd card and I had to format it :( lost everything except most of my pics which I had put on my pc. Now I may have overreacted but I considered that 2.1 may/hopefully/should be coming out in Jan. So I decided to dump Home++ and not reinstall some other apps until then. If no 2.1 I will probably put Home++ back on but keeping fingers crossed for 2.1.
I'm a big supporter of Home++ but I'm also noticing since the last update it's really lagging a lot. I actually installed Launcher+ which is made by the same people who brought us Home++. They say Launcher+ gives you simply more home screens without any of the bells and whistles. The jury is still out on this program for me, but I am using it and have 4 Home screens. If I suspect lag issues with Launcher+ I will just go back to the default Home until 2.1 because apparently it will have 7 screens built into it.

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Right now I've got 2 and a half screens of apps I use. Had ems spread out over 5 with Home++ for a nice clean look on each. But I can live with 3 for a month. The bugs don't worry me so much but just a hastle when my sd card got messed up. Working fine now so I will be patient and see what comes next month

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now I've got 2 and a half screens of apps I use. Had ems spread out over 5 with Home++ for a nice clean look on each. But I can live with 3 for a month. The bugs don't worry me so much but just a hastle when my sd card got messed up. Working fine now so I will be patient and see what comes next month
As a side note, I had a similar issue with my SD card on Saturday that concerned me enough that I might have to switch away from Home++. I took the SD card out and plugged it right into the computer using the card reader. I backed up all my music, ringtones, pictures, etc. and did a reformat of the card and put everything back on. I have about 1,500 pictures and I think Home++ just took forever to get the pictures into memory or something. Interesting we both had similar issues with the SD card. There were a couple of other things that happened yesterday that finally broke the camel's back...like I got a car dock yesterday, put on iheartradio and as soon as I set it into the dock and maps came up, I wanted to use the maps to navigate and iheartradio locked up on me, and the turn by turn directions voice stopped working too.

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I couldn't even get iheartradio to work. Opened it and constant force close. Haven't tried it without Home++ though

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't even get iheartradio to work. Opened it and constant force close. Haven't tried it without Home++ though
I was having no problem with iheartradio with Home++ until I tried using Google Maps and iheartradio - then the FC's started.