reverted back to bb 1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by velocity92c, Jun 16, 2010.

1. velocity92c

velocity92c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    froyo was cool but nothing but problems with it since I tried 0.2. I appreciate the devs hard work on the rom but bb1.1 runs so fast I didn't even notice a performance increase on 0.2 anyway. Ill wait until a majority of the kinks get ironed out and upgrade in a future release. Anyone else revert back?

2. Kickbut101

Kickbut101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just did, theres too many people just rushing to get the new software out, it needs to be worked on seriously before I am going to switch over.

3. velocity92c

velocity92c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't knock pete at all for this, he does this for us free and froyo is brand new so you have to expect some kinks. Pete is the hardest working rom developer out there and I appreciate his hard work. I'm sure he will have the kinks ironed out in no time.

4. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    FROYO is no where near ready until Google officially releases is OTA to our droids. You think files such as these "leak" by accident? No my friends, Google is watching us test there software for free. Only reason I released a ROM based on FROYO is because everyone is dying to try new software. If you want a stable ROM stick with my ESE81 build.

5. velocity92c

velocity92c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's exactly what I did my friend. :). I hope you know this wasn't a dig at you at all, you've done an amazing job even getting a froyo build out with the limited leaks available. It was more of a reccomendation to other users to stick with 1.1 for now as it is already an incredibly stable and awesome ROM. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate your hard work pete and I don't think you and other devs get the credit you deserve. Thanks for making such a killer ROM and for all your work in getting froyo out to us early. I'm sure you'll have the froyo build nearly perfect in no time

6. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Strange... I've had absolutely no problems with 0.1 or 0.2 (or any BB since 1.0) ... I think if things are done the right way, there won't be problems. That's usually how it works.

7. phatneff

phatneff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete, I have this build, but it says it's Firmware 2.2 and my Market doesn't download and install. Can you help me with this? Shouldn't it be Firmware 2.1 and the Market work?

8. Tony M27

Tony M27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would it be ok to go back with the new baseband update?

9. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was totally going to revert back... but now I'm glad I waited.

What I did to make everything work:
    1. Got a Froyo Compatible Kernel with a 250MHz min. I used one of Chevy's.
    2. Used the command "pm setInstallLocation 0" no quotes, to set the default installation location to my phone, and not the SD Card.
    3. Restored my apps from Titan Backup.
    - Notice this step comes AFTER setting the install location to the Phone with the Terminal command.
    4. Installed Flash beta v2
    5. Moved large apps that have no widgets to the SD Card.
    - Example: Flash 10.1
    6. Deleted /system/bin/shutdown
    -
    This is to remove the shutdown shortcuts.

And now the only minor quirk I have, is that I have to reboot my launcher after a reboot. The issue is that the SD card doesn't finish mounting before the launcher comes up. Since all my apps with widgets are installed to the Phone, this only results in the minor problem of having generic app icons for SD Card installed apps until I reboot the Launcher.
    -Another thing I did was switch to the Weather Channel Widget, vs the default, since it was having loading problems (I don't think this is Pete's fault).

With everything setup right, I'm happy with this build. I just wish when I started off I knew the extra steps I ended up performing. *shrugs* I learned something, so its cool.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  10. petman

petman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I upped to .2 and seems to run as good as .1, am running Chevy LV 1.25 and all going very well, no glitches, WiFi tether ok, Market ok, and love the Run appz from SD, and able to move them to fone if they don't seem to proform off of SD Card... Thanks B.B. awsum, Oh and flash a must, of course working fine, along time ago I had a windows fone and could watch animated radar, and listen to like .977 shoutcast FLASH....and I missed it... this early 2.2 release is the %$%$% cause am rooted and ain't getting over the air updates... THANKS AGAIN BB

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  11. Renapd

Renapd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    only reason I went back is because pandora sounds like crap with froyo..everything else was working fine