Revert Completely To 2.1 Stock From Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sparty5389, Jul 28, 2010.

1. sparty5389

sparty5389 New Member

Hello all,
    I had installed FroYo, and was liking it until I realized that my wifi didn't work. I could connect to wireless, but every time I would go to actually use the internet over wifi, I would get an error saying I had no connection. Prior to using 2.2, updating the baseband, and overclocking, the wifi worked.

I have since reverted back to stock 2.1 (by going all the way back to 2.0 and running the OTA update), but I am still having issues with the wifi. What I'm wondering is whether or not I have not completely gone back to stock. I will list all of my phone's information below, and if anyone can help me to know what the problem might be, I'd appreciate it. My thinking is that perhaps I have to revert to an older baseband version? Not sure though...

My Phone:
    Model #: Droid
    Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband Version: C_01.3E.03P
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1g7a8788
    Build Number: ESE81

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone :) Here's to hoping my droid is soon more like this: dancedroid
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Looks pretty stock to me. You flashed the 2.0.1.sbf and then OTA to 2.1 right?
  3. sparty5389

sparty5389 New Member

Yes, I went from the 2.0.1 sbf to the OTA update. If I'm stock, then do you have any clue why my wifi might not be working still? (Thanks for the quick response!)
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Might possibly be hardware issues. WiFi works fine for me on Froyo, even on the version I compiled myself from source.

Worked on FRF57, FRF84B and FRG01B for me. (the different leaks of Froyo)
  5. sparty5389

sparty5389 New Member

hmm.... hardware issues are what I was worried about. Is my phone stock to the point that I could bring it in to Verizon and ask for a new phone? are the baseband and kernel that my phone has considered "stock"?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! :clap:
  6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Looks like it...make sure any files you put on your SD card are removed as well (roms, backups, etc..).
  7. xliderider

xliderider New Member

I'll be doing the same once froyo gets officially released. My droid will not run any incarnation of froyo whatsoever. It always freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring battery pulls to recover.

Stuck on 2.1, at least BBv1.1 is working great for me. :)
  8. ElNicoGrande

ElNicoGrande New Member

Hi guys,

I am looking to do a similar thing... I forced the update to 2.2 on my stock Moto Droid. It's working fine, but the ease of the experience made me realize I wanted to root, but I haven't seen any guides on how to root from 2.2.

Please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, but I've got about 35 tabs open searching fo rthe same answer and so far Iv'e come across nothing besides the Froyo --> SPRecovery 2.0.1 --> OTA 2.1.

Is that appropriate for the moto droid since "stock" is 2.1?

Sorry for my noobishness. I wish I'd found droid forums before pushing 2.2 on my phone. Thanks!
  9. xliderider

xliderider New Member

See post #4 and #7 in this thread for all the info, and links you will need to flash back to 2.01 then update to 2.1.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/65648-questions-re-unrooting-ota-update-froyo.html
Search tags for this page

revert from 2.2 to 2.1 vibrant