Revert back to froyo?

Have you installed GB? If so do you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jesse022190

Reaction score
So I installed the leaked version of GB on my DX and am not very happy with it. I seem to be having sync issues despite doing several data wipes. One day it won't stop syncing and the next it will try but can never get anything. So I was wondering if anyone had worked out how to revert back to froyo and I'll just wait till GB is official.
BTW this is my first post despite coming here for months getting answers, I am really happy to finally be a part of the community!

GeXX

Reaction score
What kind of data sync issues? I've been running it for the last 3 days without any issues what so ever...

OP
jesse022190

jesse022190

Reaction score
What kind of data sync issues? I've been running it for the last 3 days without any issues what so ever...

The first time it was just syncing for an entire day constantly even when everything was already up to date it kept trying to update information. Then yesterday and today it won't sync at all. I have tried syncing emails, contacts etc with my google accounts and none of them go through despite the sync icon resting in my status bar. At first I thought it was just taking awhile but two days is a little bit excessive.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I have been running 3.5.573 gingerbread since the leak became available. I have had absolutely zero issues with my phone. I have not upgraded to the 4.5.588 gingerbread version just leaked/released since the differences so far mentioned are not worth my effort doing the entire process. Will wait until the official Verision release push to decide if I will go to it or just stay where I am at. With no issues, stable and a quadrant score in excess of 1900 I am pleased with what I currently have.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I installed the leaked version of GB on my DX and am not very happy with it. I seem to be having sync issues despite doing several data wipes. One day it won't stop syncing and the next it will try but can never get anything. So I was wondering if anyone had worked out how to revert back to froyo and I'll just wait till GB is official.
BTW this is my first post despite coming here for months getting answers, I am really happy to finally be a part of the community!

What happens from time to time is you will get an update and have an app that isn't made for that update. I'm guessing you don't use Gmail and perhaps are using another app?

If that's the case that might be your issue. I don't think an "official" version of it will make much difference. You have something else going on there.

Just guessing, I may be totally wrong.

OP
jesse022190

jesse022190

Reaction score

What happens from time to time is you will get an update and have an app that isn't made for that update. I'm guessing you don't use Gmail and perhaps are using another app?

If that's the case that might be your issue. I don't think an "official" version of it will make much difference. You have something else going on there.

Just guessing, I may be totally wrong.

I actually do use gmail but I have tried it with the motoblur email app and that is the same way.

Guyute

Reaction score
I noticed I also have the sync constantly on the top bar with GB. My gmail is working and my contacts seems fine. How do I get rid of the sync message on top?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I installed my first gb rom yesterday actually and so far i like it a few things but i still have my soucery backup and will most likely be back on it within a few hours lol it just feels like home for me

quiet1

Reaction score
Well if u wanna go back to froyo, u have to download rsd_lite and sbf .340. There's a lot of write ups about this. I just did this for the first time, after gb first leaked a few weeks ago. I reverted back to froyo on wednesday, thinking the official update was coming, and then once I realized the OTA isn't coming out any time soon, I downloaded the new gb leak (all w/o root).
I know there's a write up on these forums about reverting back to froyo. I used this link along with a little write up from droid-life.com. Just make sure to read through everything and get an idea of what's being done and what u have to do, before u do anything. Research research research and follows the steps exactly.
Good luck

Updated 04/17/11:
btw, here's the other link I used in conjunction with the above link to make sure I do everything correct.

OP
jesse022190

jesse022190

Reaction score
Well if u wanna go back to froyo, u have to download rsd_lite and sbf .340. There's a lot of write ups about this. I just did this for the first time, after gb first leaked a few weeks ago. I reverted back to froyo on wednesday, thinking the official update was coming, and then once I realized the OTA isn't coming out any time soon, I downloaded the new gb leak (all w/o root).
I know there's a write up on these forums about reverting back to froyo. I used this link along with a little write up from droid-life.com. Just make sure to read through everything and get an idea of what's being done and what u have to do, before u do anything. Research research research and follows the steps exactly.
Good luck

Thanks a lot that is what I needed!

Desicrator

Reaction score
gingerbread is fast and stuff when it is rooted I had the (.588 release) but I missed alot of the AOSP features, that the custom Roms of Froyo put on there. so I am going back to Froyo for now. But I will say moto made a good job speeding up blur, but still I would rather be rid of it and see where our devs can really take this phone w/GB.

I say make a backup, try out gingerbread, and go back if you don't like it

bL33d

Reaction score
useing fission now. gb seems like a way for them to control the things u are doing.

chefb

Reaction score
The irony is all of us were waiting for Ginger bread...now that it's here some of us choose to be picky. I don't know about Verizon trying to control everything but they may think by locking the bootloaders/ or changing them in there upgrades,they probably feel like they are protecting us from ourself. That being said i have not flashed yet...because I think that the one that Verizon pushes out will be more polished. Or les buggy,also I have no computer to sbf ......if verizon comes out with a different system # then I'll be stuck.

Reaction score
I remember reading a thread about people having sync issues with he rooted GB leak, but they figured out a fix for it. I can't remember what the thread was called. But im sure if you do a lil googling and search these forums and maybe droid x forums (I post on there too, so it was either a thread on this forum that I read or it was on droidxforum.com) I will try to find it when I have a sec but I would do some searching yourself too.

My question tho, as far as the GB leak that is rooted, don't they have a couple roms for it already like ZapX or something. I remember reading about that on a site someone here linked too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums