1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Revert back to 2.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dezidez87, Jan 4, 2010.

1. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

So after much turmoil trying to manually upgrade to 2.1, I finally got it. Looks great and I'm stoked for the OFFICIAL release, but this one is too buggy. Has my droid going super slow and freezing up every other screen :icon_ cry:
    SO that brings me to my question I've looked and cant really find anything helpful about reverting to 2.0.1 and unrooting my less than a week old Droidy. Any step by steps avail? Z4pps tut was great.
  2. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

RAWR IM A DROID RAWR Guest

Restore using an older droid copy using nandroid
  3. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

Cool. Thats what I thought. So I'll just follow his tut again except put in my backed up copy, right?
  4. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

Correct. Be sure and delete the 2.1 nandroid copy from the SD card, so that only the backup 2,0.1 copy is on there and it will go back to just like you had it before.

Had to do it to mine.
  5. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

Do I needa replace 2.1 with 2.0.1 BEFORE I begin or just do it on step 20, like before?
    PS. Thanx for the heeelp!
  6. IEatCake

IEatCake New Member

An old copy will more than likely still be rooted Since you cant have SPRecovery without being rooted, but if you start with the nandroid restore and follow one of the 2-3 guides here, you can get it back to stock pretty easily. Generally restore the image, use a terminal emulator to remove the Superuser.apk and then flash the 2.0.1 update.zip. I usually do a data/cache wipe in addition to this.

Hope that helps.
  7. IEatCake

IEatCake New Member

8. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

Starting on step 20, instead of using the 2.1 image file, use the backup file from steps 15-17
  9. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

um... I de most def appreciate the help offered but I didnt understand that AT ALL.lol Maybe I'm just slow.lol
  10. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

11. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest a person such as yourself follow that...just do this.

Mount your SD card to your computer
    open your nandroid folder on the SD card and put the backup nandroid you should have made of 2.0.1 before installing 2.1,(step 15 from the sticky thread), then put that in the nandroid folder. then you reboot recovery and wipe cache and files, then navigate to the nandroid restore (newest) and wait for it to restore to the 2.0.1 nandroid.
  12. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

And a terminal is a *nix command line for accessing files, working with files, ect ect.
  13. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

:icon_eek:
    I'm totally fukced, arent I?
    JKJK This made sense to me actually. seems easy so I'll try it. The only part that kinda throws me is "then navigate to the nandroid restore (newest)". Thats the same as "Default Nandroid Restore (Latest)" in the tut, right?
    Again, thanx for the help from both of ya's.lol
  14. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

Yeah that is the same. I don't know why but in the tut the menus were different than what was actually on the nandroid menu.

But if you do this, like I said...it will put your phone in the exact state it was before you started to do all this. Meaning all your apps, texts, home screen layout will go back just like it was.
  15. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

Fricken perfect. Thank you so muuuch! Such prompt, precise customer service.lol
    PS, If I SOMEHOW manage to muck this up, its your fault... JK again.
    So I'm gonna go try this now. I'll let ya'll knw how it works!
  16. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

lol good luck, shouldn't take more than 3 minutes
  17. E.1999

E.1999 New Member

i trying it too!!
  18. dezidez87

dezidez87 Guest

Done and DONE.lol
    So cool. Thank you. And everything will function as originally?
    Now onto UNROOTING and getting rid of the superuser permissons, so I can be back to sq1.
    I read somewhere that rooting will pretty much disallow OTA updates. Will unrooting (if I can ever figure out how) undo that disallow, so to speak?
  19. RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

Yeah everything will work as originally intended.

As far as unrooting...I don't know about that as I just left my phone rooted. Even if the OTA updates are not sent out to rooted phones, we would still be able to install the update manually, similar to the 2.0.1 update.
  20. E.1999

E.1999 New Member

so i lost my original back up of 2.0.1 so i have to use the other method..so i do the "Open terminal, type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" using terminal and it says "delete img file after successful flash"..so i reboot into recovery (by holding x and power after i power the phone off" and its still the nandroid recovery...did i miss something.
Search tags for this page

how to revert software version on droid