Reversing the display

Odyssey

Reaction score
The Droid display is black with white lettering. The Droid Eris is white with black lettering and is much easier to read. Is there a way I can reverse my Droid display to get white with black lettering?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid display is black with white lettering. The Droid Eris is white with black lettering and is much easier to read. Is there a way I can reverse my Droid display to get white with black lettering?

I would think that would require a custom ROM. I don't know any other way it could be done.

stanrc

Reaction score
Would that not use more power? Black means the pixels are off vs being white (on).

Displaying black pixels still requires them to be on. They don't turn off to display black.

You would need a custom theme or ROM to accomplish that.

modette

Reaction score
Would that not use more power? Black means the pixels are off vs being white (on).

Displaying black pixels still requires them to be on. They don't turn off to display black.

You would need a custom theme or ROM to accomplish that.

True but I understood it that the power draw was a lot less being black as they are basically off in a sense. So thus they are basically in a state of off as the power draw is so low.