reverse tethering via USB

Marsh

Reaction score
Is there a way to use my PC internet on the phone when connected via USB?

OP
M

Marsh

Reaction score
because there isn't wifi in the building

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
But if your computer has internet, why would you need it on your phone?...Just a little confused as to the "why"? I don't really know of any reverse tethering app or anything that would make this possible.

wseyller

Reaction score
Does your computer have wireless capability. If so you could create an ad hoc connection to your phone and enable Internet connection sharing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
But if your computer has internet, why would you need it on your phone?...Just a little confused as to the "why"? I don't really know of any reverse tethering app or anything that would make this possible.

One of the reasons I could see using it is if your have poor reception in a building (say a warehouse). I do connect to wifi while at work but.... if I didn't have wifi and I had to work out on the floor, my phone would die from constantly searching for a signal and not receive calls. If I could use the internet from one of the computers on the floor I would be set (in theory).... Just thought I'd throw out a possible scenario for why you would want it.

OP
M

Marsh

Reaction score
One of the reasons I could see using it is if your have poor reception in a building (say a warehouse). I do connect to wifi while at work but.... if I didn't have wifi and I had to work out on the floor, my phone would die from constantly searching for a signal and not receive calls. If I could use the internet from one of the computers on the floor I would be set (in theory).... Just thought I'd throw out a possible scenario for why you would want it.

this is exactly my situation

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Did you try the program that Syndicate suggested? I'm curious to know how that turns out.