Returning to stock...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by btpetrina, Nov 22, 2010.

1. btpetrina

btpetrina Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the best way to return a rooted phone back to stock 2.2. I am selling my phone and want it to be back to stock for the person who purchases it... thanx

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    their is a guide stickied somewhere i believe. This is something a 30 second google would help.

3. CodeX

CodeX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I was playing around the other day I noticed that just installing the official Verizon 2.2 Froyo ROM actually wiped out the bootloader and everything, putting the phone mostly back to stock as far as I could tell.

The only thing it didn't reset is the bootloader image (normally the Motorola symbol). So if you have changed that then you will have to manually reflash it.

The ROM I used is here:
    http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip

So I think it's basically just:
    Wipe data & cache (ie. factory reset)
    Install Verizon ROM
    Done...

4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Link 4 in my sig, Done!

5. thewakka1

thewakka1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I been wondering the same thing about restoring the phone. I have read alot of root/unroot threads and most seem to be different compared to how I actually rooted to begin with. I used z4root, I never really used my computer to do anything. I have a droidx 2.2, So my question is how to return a rooted droidx 2.2 to a stock phone. If I removed the memory card,formatted it, with it out of the phone do a factory data reset, then reistall the memory card. Would that work? It seems alot simpler than anything else I have read. On second thought, I am sure I am not the first person to think of this. So anyways Tallica link 4 was helpful, thank you, but if you could advise me on what I was thinkin I would appreciate it..Thanks

Search tags for this page

returning phone to stock