1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Returning to Stock/Unrooted with a broken USB port? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ltlasset, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ltlasset

ltlasset New Member

So the charging port on my Droid 1 is broken and I need to return it to Verizon for a replacement.

I just read the page below, about returning to stock, but have some questions...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/154551-sbf-ing-back-stock-question.html

The SBF method requires a USB connection to a PC running RSD lite correct?

I can't do that since the USB port is broken, so is there some other way I can return to stock, so I can exchange this phone?

Thanks!
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Its insurance you are speaking of yes?

IIRC they don't care about root.

However, if you look in Rescue Squad Guides user christim has written a great guide on using an OTA update to go back to stock flashed through your recovery.

I would use a "full" OTA. User teddyearp has them located on his server listed in his signature.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

data port broken how rood droid x

stock s3 broken usb