Returning This Phone Already

DroidSI

Reaction score
I've given this phone a chance the last couple of days, but between the extreme heating up of the phone and ridiculously low battery life, it's time to go! It's obvious that Verizon rushed this phone out to make sure it was on everyones holiday list. My ear burns if I am talking on the phone for any longer than 5 mintues and will burn your hand if you are browsing a website or playing a game for longer than 5 mintues. As expecting with a smartphone, the battery will have a short lifespan each day, but this is just not manageable...question is do I get the Incredible, X or 2?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've given this phone a chance the last couple of days, but between the extreme heating up of the phone and ridiculously low battery life, it's time to go! It's obvious that Verizon rushed this phone out to make sure it was on everyones holiday list. My ear burns if I am talking on the phone for any longer than 5 mintues and will burn your hand if you are browsing a website or playing a game for longer than 5 mintues. As expecting with a smartphone, the battery will have a short lifespan each day, but this is just not manageable...question is do I get the Incredible, X or 2?

Why did you get the Pro?
Hardware Keyboard?- go with the D2

Inc is on its way out (rumor)

DX is huge.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I happen to like the droid pro's design. If you don't use landscape very often and prefer a portrait keyboard like a blackberry or treo then its really the only option. It also seems a little quicker than the original droid 2 and the droid x...just my opinion. Nonetheless, its going to have to take something much better than the droid pro (or any droid out now) to make me get rid of my original droid.

OP
D

DroidSI

Reaction score
If it is really as hot as your describing, it sounds like a defective unit. If you like the phone (other than the heat of it) then switch it out for another droid pro and see if the problem persists. I haven't heard of extremely hot temperatures as a common problem on the droid pro.

Ive seen a couple people complain about the unit heating up in other posts.

OP
D

DroidSI

Reaction score

Why did you get the Pro?

DX is huge.

The only reason I got the Pro was bc of the physical keyboard, so the D2 would be my next choice more than likely. I also tend to drop my phone every know and then so I would be concerned if I got the Incredible or X that it would crack the screen within a short period of time.

Reaction score

Why did you get the Pro?

DX is huge.

The only reason I got the Pro was bc of the physical keyboard, so the D2 would be my next choice more than likely. I also tend to drop my phone every know and then so I would be concerned if I got the Incredible or X that it would crack the screen within a short period of time.
The simply solution would be to get a case, screen protector and insurance. Insurance is your best bet. If the screen gets cracked, they will replace it with a new one.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I dunno. I got one on the first day and this thing is AMAZING!!!! I've never had a phone where the battery doesn't heat up a bit, but all in all this is a great device.

kilofox

Reaction score
Running Hot = Advanced Task Killer?

Just speculating.

monkizzle

Reaction score
I havent noticed my droid pro heat up even the slightest bit, my battery has also been very comparable to my droid. I can get through the day with no issues with heavy usage.

I am constantly on:
wifi
google voice
grooveshark
whatsapp
gmail
facebook

maybe some droid pro's coming out are lemons, mine has been awesome thus far.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Go with the D2 global. 1.2ghz stock processor and its a gsm/cdma phone

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I returned mine late yesterday......poor call quality overall, poor battery life, and since I came from the Droid X, I had issues with my old eyes and the smaller screen. For those who are getting or keeping the Pro, I hope it works better for you than it did for my needs.

I'm back to the X forums, so take care folks :)

Hoppy

kilofox

Reaction score
I returned mine late yesterday......poor call quality overall, poor battery life, and since I came from the Droid X, I had issues with my old eyes and the smaller screen. For those who are getting or keeping the Pro, I hope it works better for you than it did for my needs.

I'm back to the X forums, so take care folks :)

Hoppy

images

SledIdaho

Reaction score
Go with the D2 global. 1.2ghz stock processor and its a gsm/cdma phone

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I'm returning my Pro for the D2 Global this afternoon (store out of stock until 2pm). For me it is the heat, the poor reception/dropped calls, and the fact it will not synch with exchange. There is something else wrong with it - it is slow as anything. It took ~5 seconds longer to start the speed test when put next to a D2 - latency testing? I think that a defect in the phone itself, which leads me to believe that I may have a lemon.

androzza

Reaction score
I've tracked down my heat and battery problem: it happens when I first sync a huge number of emails/calendar items/etc. The first time I sync, the radio is running continuously (perhaps for hours) while everything gets downloaded.

Once the initial sync's are all done, the heat issue seems to go away.