Returning the Thunderbolt tomorrow....

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by 007, Mar 29, 2011.

1. 007

007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to like this phone.. I really did.

There are a lot of things I do like about it, but there are a few deal breakers.

1. I'm not going to go through 15 thunderbolts because the power button becomes difficult. I refuse to be in refurbish hell.
    2. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but there are times when I try to text and the screen is irresponsive and it takes forever.. I'm not sure whether the phone is lagging, or it's just an issue with the screen.
    3. I don't like the static sound in calls, or the muffled sound when I play music.
    4. I've had it 8 days and I can already see light through the black area surrounding the home keys.
    5. I'm not buying a battery that even further fattens the phone so I can make it more than 4 hours of continuous use.

This phone was so close to everything I wanted, yet so far :icon_ cry:

I guess my Droid X with 2.3 will hold me over until the Bionic...

2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Did you know within the first 14 days you can exchange it for a new device? It sounds like you got a bad TB. Just wanted to make sure you knew this before thinking you'd go right to a refurbished phone.

3. 007

007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen other complaints similar to mine.

I think I'll be happier with the Bionic. I'd rather return it and get my upgrade back.

This phone just doesn't do it for me.

4. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't wait till everyone sees the same complaints on the Bionic... I swear, I read the same complaints on forums for every new phone I buy. Bleeding lights, signal issues, stuck pixels, battery, etc. etc.

5. moosez3

moosez3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear that, I see the light but never enough for me to even have a second thought about it. The battery sucks I agree, I have lots of chargers though.

The other complains I do not have, with the static or lagging, or the power button. Mine is Solid.

6. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    totally agree lol some old same my tb works great i would keep it if i were u... but then again i hate moto so do what u feel is best

7. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    i dont have a static prob but its sounds tinney yea def spelled wrong lol... but i dont make calls alot and if i do im on speaker ive only had data problems and they were fixed today