Returning the Thunderbolt tomorrow....

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by 007, Mar 29, 2011.

1. 007

007 New Member

I wanted to like this phone.. I really did.

There are a lot of things I do like about it, but there are a few deal breakers.

1. I'm not going to go through 15 thunderbolts because the power button becomes difficult. I refuse to be in refurbish hell.
    2. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but there are times when I try to text and the screen is irresponsive and it takes forever.. I'm not sure whether the phone is lagging, or it's just an issue with the screen.
    3. I don't like the static sound in calls, or the muffled sound when I play music.
    4. I've had it 8 days and I can already see light through the black area surrounding the home keys.
    5. I'm not buying a battery that even further fattens the phone so I can make it more than 4 hours of continuous use.

This phone was so close to everything I wanted, yet so far :icon_ cry:

I guess my Droid X with 2.3 will hold me over until the Bionic...
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Did you know within the first 14 days you can exchange it for a new device? It sounds like you got a bad TB. Just wanted to make sure you knew this before thinking you'd go right to a refurbished phone.
  3. 007

007 New Member

I've seen other complaints similar to mine.

I think I'll be happier with the Bionic. I'd rather return it and get my upgrade back.

This phone just doesn't do it for me.
  4. trebb

trebb New Member

Can't wait till everyone sees the same complaints on the Bionic... I swear, I read the same complaints on forums for every new phone I buy. Bleeding lights, signal issues, stuck pixels, battery, etc. etc.
  5. moosez3

moosez3 New Member

Sorry to hear that, I see the light but never enough for me to even have a second thought about it. The battery sucks I agree, I have lots of chargers though.

The other complains I do not have, with the static or lagging, or the power button. Mine is Solid.
  6. kparks

kparks Active Member

totally agree lol some old same my tb works great i would keep it if i were u... but then again i hate moto so do what u feel is best
  7. kparks

kparks Active Member

i dont have a static prob but its sounds tinney yea def spelled wrong lol... but i dont make calls alot and if i do im on speaker ive only had data problems and they were fixed today