1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Returning phone to Non Root/Custom Rom for Return

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by indy82z, Sep 30, 2010.

1. indy82z

indy82z New Member

My Droid is rooted running SS 4.8 and I have to return it as the power button isnt working very well.

What all do I need to do to do? It was rooted with Easy Root..I read something about a RSD Lite but cant find the program nor how it works.

Any one have step by step instructions on how to accomplish this? Just want to get back to non rooted 2.2 so they dont see it rooted and charge me.

Thanks in advance..
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Link 4 in my sig, you should be all set after that.
  3. indy82z

indy82z New Member

Worked perfectly...thank you sir!!!

Tom
  4. indy82z

indy82z New Member

Ok.....got the old phone set back to stock FRG22D.

Now...I got the new phone and it is running FRG22D also, and my Easy Root doesnt work. Quick research tells me you cant root from this version...anyone have the link to the full download of FRG01B so I can reset the phone to that and then use Easy Root to root it again? I am assuming I can drop this file on the root of the sd card, rename (or make sure it is named "update.zip", boot into recovery and install the file and then boot phone up when done, install my easy root and then go back into ROM Manager and load my backup from my card...sound right? Any ideas on the location of the full FRG01B file? I would prefer to do it this way rather than mess with the RSD lite...

Thanks for all the help..
  5. indy82z

indy82z New Member

Anyone????
  6. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

7. indy82z

indy82z New Member

Thanks yet again...worked like a champ..however I do have a question...

I got the phone rooted and when I went to install the backup of my old phone, it didnt like the kernel as it would just boot loop. I tried to manually download the whole theme again and got the same thing. I was finally able to get it to work with the stock kernel, but what fun is stock. I have tried it with the UL1.2 and 1.25 and Low 1.2 and 1.25 (which is what I was running on both my old phone and my wife's phone without issues). Question is...I have my phone setup the way I want it, but want to experiment with trying other kernels to see if any of them will work. Is there one that tends to work better than others?? Not sure why this phone is giving me fits with the ones I used to use, but really would like to upgrade. I have "Backup existing ROM" through ROM Manager, but what is the easiest way to just try different Kernels? I am just concerned that if I get another one that wont boot that I will have to rerun the whole setup as last time I tried a restore it didnt work (so I did a reload and another full backup)..

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again
  8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Every phone is different and can handle different kernels.

The best thing to do is download a couple different kernels, put them on your sd card and flash one like a ROM, No Wipe. If you bootloop, boot to recovery and flash a different one. Try a higher voltage or lower speed or both.

Good luck
Search tags for this page
can you return phone with custom rom
download stock update.zip for lgl55c
how to unroot lg55c
how to unroot lg55c phone
how to unroot lgl55c
lg l55c stock firmware roms
lgl55c sbf zip
lgl55c stock recovery

lgl55c stock rom

lgl55c stock rom download