1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Returning OG Few Questions to get back to normal

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ChuckDz3, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 New Member

I am returning my original droid 1 back to VZW for a replacement and was wondering the best way to get back to stock and remove any signs of root in case they decide to charge me for it.

I read the first post using SMUpdater about returning it back to 2.0.1 but I was seeing if they is a more recent method to do so since the post is over a year old.

Or has anyone experienced returning their old phone rooted and had no problems? I figured since the OG was so old that they might not even check and just scrap it.

Also, anyone know the most recent method to root the OG when I get my replacement. I rooted almost a year ago and lost the method that I used last time which was a oneclick method. I was also running clockworkmod recovery and would like to continue to use that.

Thanks for anybodys help, I know the OG is a fossil but I am just waiting for the SGS2 or the Bionic to hit the VZW until I officially upgrade.