1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Returning OG Few Questions to get back to normal

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ChuckDz3, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 New Member

I am returning my original droid 1 back to VZW for a replacement and was wondering the best way to get back to stock and remove any signs of root in case they decide to charge me for it.

I read the first post using SMUpdater about returning it back to 2.0.1 but I was seeing if they is a more recent method to do so since the post is over a year old.

Or has anyone experienced returning their old phone rooted and had no problems? I figured since the OG was so old that they might not even check and just scrap it.

Also, anyone know the most recent method to root the OG when I get my replacement. I rooted almost a year ago and lost the method that I used last time which was a oneclick method. I was also running clockworkmod recovery and would like to continue to use that.

Thanks for anybodys help, I know the OG is a fossil but I am just waiting for the SGS2 or the Bionic to hit the VZW until I officially upgrade.