Returning Incredibles what else to get.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
It's been determined that my kids 3 Incredibles are defective. They don't get proper signal for my area, most of the time they have 1 bar of service, on good days they have 2, on bad days none. They really liked the phones, but between the service problem and the battery issue, the phones aren't worth keeping. So what would be the better choice, X, D2, or something else?

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Droid X. Its a great phone, but if you feel like its too big check out the Samsung Fascinate. If you need a keyboard, the Droid 2. But yea, if you're just looking for the best, the X is a pretty solid choice..

flash24

Reaction score
I just recently got the Pro and no regrets. Love the keyboard and how snappy it is.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Reaction score
A girl I work with has the incredible. She showed me her reception issue. +/- 1 bar when side ny side with my X.

It didn't seem too drastic to me but I don't own the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
P

psychicdroid

Reaction score
A girl I work with has the incredible. She showed me her reception issue. +/- 1 bar when side ny side with my X.

It didn't seem too drastic to me but I don't own the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

Theirs are a little worse than that. My D1 sitting in the house has 4 bars and full 3g service. Theirs only does 2 bars at best, and the 3g keeps going in and out. Plus the connection is so bad if they call me I can't understand what they are saying as the phone keeps dropping out. All 3 are like this.

harrellj

Reaction score
Have you tried calling *228, option to update the PRL first? Just to see if all 3 of the phones need it updated, or was it VZW who declared them defective?

If so, depends on what you want. The X is the bigger screen while the 2 has the physical keyboard. Both are not as hackable as the Inc though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Motorola's reception IS stronger than HTC, LG, and Samsung's. Also has a lot to do with why their batteries have a longer life too.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
P

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Have you tried calling *228, option to update the PRL first? Just to see if all 3 of the phones need it updated, or was it VZW who declared them defective?

If so, depends on what you want. The X is the bigger screen while the 2 has the physical keyboard. Both are not as hackable as the Inc though.

That was the first thing I did before I ever called verizon, and verizon has done it several times also. The PRL number didn't change, although it's not the same as what's on my D1.