Returning from Bugless Beast to Cyanogen. Should I use setCPU?

Jarvisoid

Reaction score
I just downloaded CM6rc and I'm liking it so far. I've been a Bugless user for a while now but I'm always interested in changing my phone up. My question is....should I use setCPU with CM6rc? It wasnt necessary with BB0.3 because of pete's scripts. Also, is there a certain kernal I should use with this rom?

Thanks

ravichopra

Reaction score
If you do use SetCPU, make sure you flash back to SU 2.1 (the last version of Superuser Permissions). The current (2.2.2) bangs heads with SetCPU to create serious frustration. 2.1 works great though.

WRT kernels, I tried jdlfg's Froyo kernels, but found that access control in wifi tether didn't work. Switched to P3's 1200 LV kernel and everything's been working perfectly since.

heynow1301

Reaction score
If you do use SetCPU, make sure you flash back to SU 2.1 (the last version of Superuser Permissions). The current (2.2.2) bangs heads with SetCPU to create serious frustration. 2.1 works great though.

WRT kernels, I tried jdlfg's Froyo kernels, but found that access control in wifi tether didn't work. Switched to P3's 1200 LV kernel and everything's been working perfectly since.

How do i flash back to SU 2.1?

thanks for your help. 2.2 seems to have issues with autokiller and temp monitor as well....

randomboy50

Reaction score
Last edited:

heynow1301

Reaction score
Im not sure on the where abouts 2.1 superuser files are but 2.0.3 superuser I found at [MOD] Superuser 2.0.3 - Human readability - xda-developers

I was having an issue with LEDhack and it constatnly refreshing that SU had been giving it permissions. I have been using both LEDhack and setCPU with this 2.0.3 without an issue. So try that unless someone posts 2.1

**EDIT**

Found it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/58525-cm6-rc1-official-droid-13.html#post627446

Thanks man! That worked wonders!