Returning DX2

twistedlim

Reaction score
1. Activation was far less than seemless. Could not update roaming via any method for a while. Then it took but after a reboot same problem.

2. It is somewhat faster but you would have to have them side by side to notice a difference.

3. No Netflix ( I guess that has been fixed)

4. When I open a web page it gets 90% done and then blinks before it finishes. Annoying.

5. Slow to awake when you hit the power button...noticable lag, bothersome to me.

Positive:
1. Screen is more than 25% better. More like 75 %. Brighter and more contrast.

2. Uses same batteries and accessories.

3. Umm, that is about it.

I am sure root, rom, updates, GB and other things will make it a great phone, but not right now. For me the original X is still tops.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
This phone isn't really for people who already had a Droid X, I think... if you're going to spend a few hundred bucks to upgrade from the X, you might as well wait for the Bionic.

It's a great upgrade for anyone with a pre-X Droid, though, I think.

rushmore

Reaction score
This phone isn't really for people who already had a Droid X, I think... if you're going to spend a few hundred bucks to upgrade from the X, you might as well wait for the Bionic.

Of course the Bionic is about 95% certain to be released when the tiered data kicks in.

66racer

Reaction score
How does the camera compare to the first DX? Probably the biggest drawback to the original, although video is good.

Yeah I want an nvidia dual core so bad for the mirroring hdmi, lack of 4g isnt that big a deal, but the fact that Im not getting much compared to my Liberty GB rom and already have netflix thanks to the dev community out there. Only reason why I would play with the idea is because my car dock would still work, but the camera needs to be better too. I gotta hold my breath sometimes to take a pic without getting it blurred and compared to the iphone 4 camera colors suck in low light.

moomooplatter

Reaction score
I just got my dx2, despite the crapware, I'm pretty happy with it unrooted. I'm waiting for more verified root stories to surface before attempting something non-dx2-optimized like gingerbreak. This is my first droid phone and I'd like not to ruin the phone this early on.

I foresee a great future for this phone after 2.3.3 is released OTA. I'll root it then if there's no netflix app working. >:|

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

bigdad63

Reaction score
I just got my dx2, despite the crapware, I'm pretty happy with it unrooted. I'm waiting for more verified root stories to surface before attempting something non-dx2-optimized like gingerbreak. This is my first droid phone and I'd like not to ruin the phone this early on.

I foresee a great future for this phone after 2.3.3 is released OTA. I'll root it then if there's no netflix app working. >:|

Got the latest apk from droid-life and netflix is working 100% (yes, even streaming movies).

zwolf4444

Reaction score

I can confirm that gingerbreak works quite well.

Unrelated, I can also confirm the annoying delay between pressing the power button and the screen turning on.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Got the latest apk from droid-life and netflix is working 100% (yes, even streaming movies).

How does it work, uh, er, look? Any stuttering or lag when watching movies?

yutzybrian

Reaction score
I loved the upgrade from my OG. Having the larger screen more than makes up for losing the keyboard (which was a big thing for me).

Rooted with gingerbreak without a problem

lyndamarlena

Reaction score

Of course the Bionic is about 95% certain to be released when the tiered data kicks in.

When do you think the tiered data will begin and will it be with all carriers?