Returning Back To Stock Droid...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JTM1120, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JTM1120

JTM1120 New Member

So I feel like I've been able to pick up the Rooting thing somewhat decently over the past couple days through reading the forum and various guides.

I've been able to root my droid a couple times and install Bugless Beauty.

But for some reason I finally noticed that my 4 buttons at the bottom of my screen never light up. I don't seem to remember them lighting up even before rooting. So I am going to return it to Best Buy but I want to return it to stock form before doing so.

Anyway, I tried this guide Unroot & Back To Stock | Root Your Droid to try and bring it back to stock form but I run in to two errors each time. The second error being a code that's un-readable for the most part. The first being an Alarm Clock error that prevents the installation of the .zip.

I've never made a nandroid backup, I used Droid Root Helper to help install the BB rom also.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be preventing me from flashing back to a out of the box Droid?
  2. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

What I would do is install sprecovery, then do a nandroid restore of that rom (bugless beauty or bugless beast) and see if that doesnt fix your light problem first. Mine were doing the same thing for a while and it seemed that if I changed the brightness of the screen they would turn back on for a period of time. But now they are perfect again. Try the nandroid restore first...
  3. JTM1120

JTM1120 New Member

K... I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
  4. JTM1120

JTM1120 New Member

Didn't do anything to kick the bottom buttons in to shape.... Still not lighting up.
  5. mrnelson86

mrnelson86 New Member

I had the issue of my lights not lighting up when installing BB...but a battery pull did it for me. Worth a shot I guess?
  6. JTM1120

JTM1120 New Member

Tried the battery pull and still nothing.

I used Sholes Mod Updater from the Market to go back to stock form but now when I go to to download the Maps update from the market it says that the package was not properly signed and doesn't wind up installing to my Droid.

What a headache.
  7. Pdigg

Pdigg New Member

Mine has done this since day one of owning the phone.
    Everytime I turn on/off the phone, or reboot, I need to go to display options, uncheck auto-brightness and recheck it.
Search tags for this page

two droid with droidsolders in the back