Returning an app to its "home page"

Siobhan

Reaction score
Hi, there! Is there a simple way to return an app to its home page when closing it, without having to hit the return button several times?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are hitting the return key. Press the home key and you will go back to your home screen. If you do a long press (press and hold) the home key a new screen will open and display the last 8 or 10 apps that you used. Simple tap and it will take you to the last place of that particular app. Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
S

Siobhan

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Mike, for your response. I'm so new to all this, so I am probably misunderstanding how these phones work. But I guess what I was wondering was, for example: I open Browser and search for something and then click on it. Then I'm finished and I click home. The next time I click Browser it brings up all the stuff I'd looked at the previous time, rather than just opening up a clean page with Google search. And in order to get back to the original search page, I have to hit return several times. It's not a big deal, for some odd reason, it bothers me :)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Mike, for your response. I'm so new to all this, so I am probably misunderstanding how these phones work. But I guess what I was wondering was, for example: I open Browser and search for something and then click on it. Then I'm finished and I click home. The next time I click Browser it brings up all the stuff I'd looked at the previous time, rather than just opening up a clean page with Google search. And in order to get back to the original search page, I have to hit return several times. It's not a big deal, for some odd reason, it bothers me :)
Always try hitting the Hard Menu Key (4 Squares) on the phone and see if there is an Exit button that you can click...beats having to use the Back Button all the time. Many apps have an exit button built in, but it is only accessible from the Menu button...Astro File Manager is one in particular...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hitting Home typically doesn't close an app. Hitting Back enough times to back out of the app will close the app in many cases but I recommend finding apps that have an actual exit option if it really bothers you.

OP
S

Siobhan

Reaction score
Thank you both for your help. As I mentioned, there are worse things, but it just seems obvious to me that you could exit back to the beginning of the app. Didn't know that some came with exit options, so I will explore that a bit. Thanks again!

Siobhan

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
To go to the Google home page every time you open the internet browser tap menu>windows then close all of the open windows by tapping on the "X" next to each page then tap home to close the browser. Next time you open the browser you will be at the Google page. Not sure which phone you're on but that's how it worked on my Droid. Regular apps should should take you to their start screen when you open them.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums