Returning a Tampered Droid???

OP
B

barcafan10

Reaction score
damn =/ what if i find a way to get that little void sticker and put it back on the screw?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That would be fraud. The majority of this thread has been tip-toe'ing on fraud.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah dude, you broke your phone....be a man and deal with it.

roflcopters

Reaction score
You should have taken it to the store to begin with. Sometimes they can do something for you. Now you're pretty much screwed.

jbdow

Reaction score
Echo CPJR

U broke it, U should pay - maybe you don't get the best deal, but it's their
company, they can charge what they want...:icon_eek:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Echo CPJR

U broke it, U should pay - maybe you don't get the best deal, but it's their
company, they can charge what they want...:icon_eek:

+1 Are you expecting a loophole or something? Im sorry for what happend but the moment you removed the sticker you accepted the fact that you will have no warranty. The fact that your phone is acting up is irrelevant now. The sticker even has a warning on it. If you send back the phone then its fraud in my book...why? You knowingly voided warrenty then tried to return it via warranty. You should just buy a new phone...you can probably ebay a droid and only pay $150ish for one. Lots better than $500. :)

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
The fact that you attempted to repair this yourself should tug some strings but it won't unfortunately. If I had any idea how to help you getting that sticker back in place I would pm you, but ibdont. It is probably your best choice here to return the replacement and try again to fix it yourself or buy a replacement from ebay or similar. You should be able to pick one up there for much less than $500.

The paint all around the screen on my droid is all scratched up from a few bad nights and I've been wanting to swap off the screen from the old broken one but am afraid I will kill my phone and don't want to gonturough the process of filing an insurance claim. And I'm worried I might get a droid2 or incredible as a replacement instead of my of droid (incredible wouldn't be too bad). How difficult was it for you to swap the screens? I realize we have different phjones but still curious.

OP
B

barcafan10

Reaction score
True, but there has to be a way to fix this issue, the calibration is getting better but the sensor when i talk on the phone is a huge issue because if i call someone and they don't pick up there's no way to hang up =/.

as to the difficulty of disarming the phone, it wasn't too bad, the video that i saw didn't explain what to do once i got to the framework and glass. i had to e-mail them and they told me to use a hairdryer to melt the adhesive and pop out the screen. It wasn't too bad but i did everything right and now my phone's acting up so i wouldn't recommend it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
True, but there has to be a way to fix this issue, the calibration is getting better but the sensor when i talk on the phone is a huge issue because if i call someone and they don't pick up there's no way to hang up =/.

as to the difficulty of disarming the phone, it wasn't too bad, the video that i saw didn't explain what to do once i got to the framework and glass. i had to e-mail them and they told me to use a hairdryer to melt the adhesive and pop out the screen. It wasn't too bad but i did everything right and now my phone's acting up so i wouldn't recommend it.
There's a setting you can turn on to hang up with the power button.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's under accessibility. It's for handicapped (differently-enabled/disabled/whatever) people. I remember pointing it out to someone before because with only one hand they couldn't hit the call-end button.