Returning a rooted D2

FlyersPh9

Reaction score
I have a Droid2 and I also have a 2 year, no questions asked (supposedly) warranty through VZW. The screen on my Droid2 cracked from dropping it out of my car just an hour ago. I was wondering if Verizon will give me problems replacing the phone if it is rooted and running the leaked version of Gingerbread.

If they will not return it, can someone help me find the process to return it to factory so I can get a replacement phone? I have less than 24 hours because I leave for a cruise tomorrow!!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damaging a phone VOID's the warranty. They won't replace it. Insurance or buying a phone at retail are your only options.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
FlyersPh9

FlyersPh9

Reaction score
Damaging a phone VOID's the warranty. They won't replace it. Insurance or buying a phone at retail are your only options.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I do have the insurance...I accidentally said warranty instead of insurance.

Khiraji

Reaction score
SBF just to be sure. Since the screen is busted I suppose there's a chance they won't even turn it on, but then again you can't be too careful.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Personals I would take a sledge hammer to it, make sure there is no way for it to work. Tell em you ran over it with the car. Lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Returning a rooted Droid 2

I have a Droid2 and I also have a 2 year, no questions asked (supposedly) warranty through VZW. The screen on my Droid2 cracked from dropping it out of my car just an hour ago. I was wondering if Verizon will give me problems replacing the phone if it is rooted and running the leaked version of Gingerbread.

If they will not return it, can someone help me find the process to return it to factory so I can get a replacement phone? I have less than 24 hours because I leave for a cruise tomorrow!!!

Hello FlyersPh9,

Rooting a phone voids the warranty. In addition, physical damage is not covered by the warranty, since it only covers manufacturer defects. Speaking with the manufacturer may not be a good idea since they would need you to send the phone to them and then you would be waiting for the replacement device.

Do you have equipment insurance on your device? If so, I would recommend contacting the insurance company, online at PhoneClaim.com - Verizon Wireless phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, broken, stolen, or damaged phone, or by phone at 1-888-881-2622. There is a deductible that needs to be paid before the claim can be processed.

If you do not have insurance, you have the option to purchase one of our Certified Pre-owned devices. You can view the available devices at:

Certified Pre-Owned Cell Phones, Smartphones and Devices - Verizon Wireless

You are also able to check online for the eligibility for any of the other lines on your account by logging in to your My Verizon account at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless . If one of the other lines on your account are eligible for an equipment discount, you are able to utilize that upgrade and get a replacement at the discounted rate for your line.

The line using the upgrade would be within the contract, and would be able to utilize your line's upgrade when it becomes eligible.

I hope this information is helpful and provides you with some options. Have a good day!

^CB
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello FlyersPh9,

Rooting a phone voids the warranty. In addition, physical damage is not covered by the warranty, since it only covers manufacturer defects. Speaking with the manufacturer may not be a good idea since they would need you to send the phone to them and then you would be waiting for the replacement device.

Do you have equipment insurance on your device? If so, I would recommend contacting the insurance company, online at PhoneClaim.com - Verizon Wireless phones replaced fast! File a claim for your lost, broken, stolen, or damaged phone, or by phone at 1-888-881-2622. There is a deductible that needs to be paid before the claim can be processed.

If you do not have insurance, you have the option to purchase one of our Certified Pre-owned devices. You can view the available devices at:

Certified Pre-Owned Cell Phones, Smartphones and Devices - Verizon Wireless

You are also able to check online for the eligibility for any of the other lines on your account by logging in to your My Verizon account at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless . If one of the other lines on your account are eligible for an equipment discount, you are able to utilize that upgrade and get a replacement at the discounted rate for your line.

The line using the upgrade would be within the contract, and would be able to utilize your line's upgrade when it becomes eligible.

I hope this information is helpful and provides you with some options. Have a good day!

^CB
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

You should be a good little Customer Support Representative and read the entire thread before commenting. For the record, I will root all day long, and when I return my phone for exchange, VZW will have no idea it was rooted. Guaranteed.

avenged06x

Reaction score
You should be a good little Customer Support Representative and read the entire thread before commenting. For the record, I will root all day long, and when I return my phone for exchange, VZW will have no idea it was rooted. Guaranteed.

Lmfao!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
VZW nor Asuion will not care if it is rooted or not. The first thing they do to a good phone is SBF flash the phone. They want to test it using a known proper setup. In this case the phone screen is cracked so the phone will be dissembled for parts to be used in other refurb phones. They will not even look or care about your software on the phone.