Returned to my Bionic!!

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
It's funny to see this thread now. It's great, don't get me wrong, but funny... the Bionic was so hated the first 6+ months of its life (by most, not all obviously), and did have a lot of signal issues, that were clearly software and network related.

I love my S3, but I do live in an area with strong signal and have never had signal issues with it. If Motorola would make the cameras even marginally better, I would've stuck with them.

Also, on the tablet question above, the Nexus 10 is definitely awesome, screen is gorgeous, and it performs great. I recommend the Nexus 7 as well if you want something smaller.

I had one of 'those' bionics and I hated it. Something with gingerbread because I've happily forgotten about those days ever since I installed 232. Now, I'm yet to be convinced by another phone. This things a powerhouse and safestrap 3 is unbelievable!

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I ended up buying another bionic for $25 from a coworker, tried to root it for him a while back it never would root. He ended up buying an s3. I erased everything from his and booted it back to stock and root took first time lol. Must have been something he had installed. And his has a Motorola extended battery also. Heck I can go a full week on two batteries now. :D

RUNNING the latest and greatest ICS 246.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
I had one of 'those' bionics and I hated it. Something with gingerbread because I've happily forgotten about those days ever since I installed 232. Now, I'm yet to be convinced by another phone. This things a powerhouse and safestrap 3 is unbelievable!

Haha, "those" bionics on GB. I came from a moto milestone, so GB on my new bionic was like heaven by comparison. Then I saw everyone getting ICS and even jellybean, and suddenly my bionic felt ancient with the clunky GB. Now with ICS, it'll take a lot to make me get a newer phone. This phone is an underrated beast IMO, lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

HowardL168

Reaction score
I really like my Bionic as well. The only thing I wish it had (which my D2 Global had...before the touch screen stopped working) is world phone (i.e. GSM) capability for going to Hong Kong and China.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I really like my Bionic as well. The only thing I wish it had (which my D2 Global had...before the touch screen stopped working) is world phone (i.e. GSM) capability for going to Hong Kong and China.

Your bionic is world phone capable. It has the gsm chipset, but the verizon firmware can't see it. Search cell_zealot's posts for the hack to enable it.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I think so. Absolutely love mine. I'm not big into the galaxy stuff. It's wifi only, also.

It's amazing holding it in your hands and it's so thin. Does everything I want to be a laptop replacement.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

My wife just found me a brand new nexus 10 not sure what gig though for 250! Can't wait to get it.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
My wife just found me a brand new nexus 10 not sure what gig though for 250! Can't wait to get it.

For me, storage so far with 16 gb has been a non issue. All of Google's apps are cloud storage so you probly won't have a problem! Congrats!

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Back on my bionic. I like my RAZR maxx, but in the long run the bionic beats the razr's a$$. The radios, the smoothness, the response. We have better ICS builds for the bionic too, and although I've never been a big ROM flasher, it's hard to imagine anything being more tweakable or enjoyable than blurry max 3.8 on the bionic., sorta like simply stunning on a d1 in it's time.

Last edited:

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back on my bionic. I like my RAZR maxx, but in the long run the bionic beats the razr's a$$. The radios, the smoothness, the response. We have better ICS builds for the bionic too, and although I've never been a big ROM flasher, it's hard to imagine anything being more tweakable or enjoyable than blurry max 3.8 on the bionic., sorta like simply stunning on a d1 in it's time.

I prefer synergy! Lol