Returned Thunderbolt Phones...

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by chubby22, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chubby22

chubby22 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I was curious if anyone has had any issues with Verizon saying they never received a phone back? I have sent (3) devices back, and now they are saying a phone was never sent back from March, which I definitely know I sent it back.... Just curious if others have experienced this...

2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You should have the tracking number on the pre-paid label they give you. Does it show it was received?

3. chubby22

chubby22 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Never saved the label. I was thinking/hoping that if i called Fedex, they might show a pick at my address in March...

4. zwegan

zwegan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have returned a few phones.

I have only once had them say they didn't receive one back that I didn't send.

It took a few phones calls and me getting a little rude to a supervisor to get them not to cahrge me for it.

I felt real bad a week later when i found it under my passenger seat while cleaning out my car, so I sent it back.

5. ziggy484

ziggy484 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check under the passenger seat in your car

6. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    They did that on my last phone, always save your tracking number....strangely evem though they send you the label apparently they don't keep a record of it....which makes no sense to me.

7. dustin

dustin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, definitely had Verizon say that. I called and rep said it probably didn't get logged into their warehouse. So he removed the $500 replacement fee off my account.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

8. DAVID2010

DAVID2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems I'm not the only one. They said they will contact the warehouse to see if they have it. I asked what would happen if they didn't find it. Verizon rep said they would charge me the $560 that was on my account. I knew that was BS since I really sent it. My only hope was that the camera at the post office was in a spot that showed me dropping off the box. At least the film could show me dropping off a similar box. But thankfully they "found" it. Their was no way in hell I would have paid them $560 for a device I really mailed back. Now, beside that confirmation number I pay to have delivery confirmation. The piece of mind is worth the small charge. I would love for them to try and charge me with the steps I been taking to prove I really do mail the smartphones back.

9. chubby22

chubby22 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Finally found all tracking numbers.. Their still looking fir the phone, but the number they gave doesn't match any of my labels. Hopefully be resolved soon. Definitely not paying for a phone I returned!!!