Returned Razr today for a HTC Rezound

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's NOT true. I had the OG from launch day and Tbolt from launch day. My Tbolt has zero connection issues, and I go out in the middle of nowhere for work on a week in/week out basis. The signal meter in my hotel last week was weak on the phone, often at zero bars, but did not lose one call while talking for several hours and never had an issue with an internet connection. To relate to this thread, it appears HTC has the 4g radio figured out while Moto is still playing with it. Also, my battery life is a lot greater with the latest update, and it sounds like the Rezound has better battery life than the Razr, though I don't own either.

Just wanted to point out that in terms of the radio, HTC seems better for the time being, though I am sure Moto will figure it out.

Ok....since many ppl have posted about connection issues with T Bolts... or how they went from an Inc, T Bolt or any HTC phone in general and phone reception was better on a Moto phone....lets just chalk it up to some bad units out there. For all phones, no matter the manufacture. Or updates fixing issues... And congrats on having a solid working T Bolt.

FWIW The manager at the Verizon store who was trying to dissuade me from returning the bionic for the rezound said it was an issue with faulty SIM cards.

The sales associate put the same 4G sim card in the rezound which has had zero issues. The sales associate also mentioned that they were stocking less rezounds than razrs. The way I see it moto really needs to get its stuff together and end this unholy alliance with Verizon, because I don't think these are the droids anyone is looking for.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
lol..ppl are looking for these Droids: the Droid X1, Bionic, RAZR, and Droid 3 specifically. I see new users of each phone almost on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I will say that i have always thought moto got better signal reception (not referring to any 4G issues at all) but the reZound is pulling the same db at my house and other areas that my razr was the signal bars maybe different but that means nothing at all since the db signal numbers are a more accurate comparison point.

phantom5623

Reaction score
First full day with new razr today. At 5% battery now with 14h 20m since unplugging this morning with tons of use all day just like my og. idk what you guys are doing wrong with yours but i don't really think the nexus or rezound can offer anything this phone cant that's worth the 2 block walk to the store to return it. The screen rocks and isnt washed out like the thunderbolt I had and the rezound, and the browser is quicker than on the rezound I tried. (Loaded droidforums main page on both at store) What the hell are people actually complaining about with this thing? Best build quality(even screen) and feel I've ever seen and specs dont mean crap if the phone hasn't lagged at all. Nitpick all you want but all 3 are basically the same. I'm kinda mad I was scared away by pen-tile displays by this site quit whining and just get a phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only way you can tell if a phone gets better reception than another is using them both in weak reception areas. I guess all the manufactures have gotten better with reception, dont really know. I just stuck with the first manufacture that had better reception than some other phones I tried.

Yea...I was scared away from Amoled screens due to all the Pentile and over saturated talk. In the case of the RAZR...it was waaaay overblown, probably with other phones too. I equate oversaturated with wildly inaccurate colors. I dont see it with the RAZR. Its all preference.

Last edited:

Mike8016

Reaction score
I have an Incredible and will never buy another HTC phone. The updates are few and far between and often buggy when they come out. Sense is way too much of a skin and the radio is weak. I get 1-2 bars, when friends I am with, and all have Motos BTW, are getting full signal strength.

My biggest complaint however is the length of time it takes them to push out OS updates. I would be shocked if ANY HTC phone gets ICS before April.

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

I went through 8 incredibles lol. I got sick of them and Verizon sent me a droid x. Maybe I had bad luck but I wont get another HTC phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lazarus2297

Reaction score
First full day with new razr today. At 5% battery now with 14h 20m since unplugging this morning with tons of use all day just like my og. idk what you guys are doing wrong with yours but i don't really think the nexus or rezound can offer anything this phone cant that's worth the 2 block walk to the store to return it. The screen rocks and isnt washed out like the thunderbolt I had and the rezound, and the browser is quicker than on the rezound I tried. (Loaded droidforums main page on both at store) What the hell are people actually complaining about with this thing? Best build quality(even screen) and feel I've ever seen and specs dont mean crap if the phone hasn't lagged at all. Nitpick all you want but all 3 are basically the same. I'm kinda mad I was scared away by pen-tile displays by this site quit whining and just get a phone.

is this 4G or 3G

If that is 4G then good for you I couldn't even get anywhere near 12 hours with my normal use.. the last two days i had it before I returned i only got 7 hours before the battery went orange and told me to charge it.. by the 14 hour I would have had a dead phone for a good 3 hours and as much as i liked the look of the phone it's worthless when the battery is dead..

my rezound has lasted me no less than 12 hours everyday with my normal use on 4G

to each his own I wanted to keep the razr but just couldn't do with the battery life i was getting..

2001400ex

Reaction score
is this 4G or 3G

If that is 4G then good for you I couldn't even get anywhere near 12 hours with my normal use.. the last two days i had it before I returned i only got 7 hours before the battery went orange and told me to charge it.. by the 14 hour I would have had a dead phone for a good 3 hours and as much as i liked the look of the phone it's worthless when the battery is dead..

my rezound has lasted me no less than 12 hours everyday with my normal use on 4G

to each his own I wanted to keep the razr but just couldn't do with the battery life i was getting..

I just think htc has the battery thing figured out with 4g now. There are other problems and people can argue sense vs. Blur, etc. But there is a noticeable difference since the gingerbread update on the tbolt. Moto will figure it out.

One other thing, does the rezound do talk/ text in 3g like the tbolt? I am still on 3g a lot when i travel, so that is a huge feature for me.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
yes the rezound does voice and data over 3G just as the Tbolt does.. I RARELY use this feature but when I need to it is very handy!

having been a moto person since the e815 days through the OG droid etc.. I normally prefer motorola but i have really grown to love HTC sense over blur.. it is very smooth and i really dislike this screen glow thing moto has done with blur lately

EL Lacost

Reaction score
are htc the only ones that can do that I mean tlk on tge phone will surf on the web or is it all 4g lte?

Colima,mex echando gasolina en el Pemex

noisyKricket

Reaction score
Man either I've been ridiculously lucky or they're just a ton of picky people here. My OG Droid was awesome and I'm still using it in my truck for a speedometer. And my incredible 2 has zero issues. I've yet to drop a call or kill my battery with a day of normal use. Just root your phones and run a custom rom ... Stock phones suck. I'm pretty sure id be happy with any of these 3 monster phones verizon has.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

lazarus2297

Reaction score
are htc the only ones that can do that I mean tlk on tge phone will surf on the web or is it all 4g lte?

Colima,mex echando gasolina en el Pemex

All 4g phones can do both while on 4g but only the tb, rezound, and Pantech breakout can do voice and data at the same time while on 3g

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Oaklands

Reaction score
My Bionic gets 13 - 18 hours with moderate to heavy use with the extended battery. Standard battery yielded 6 - 8 hours. Let's face it, if super duper battery life is your dream, then a 4G smartphone with all that it offers is not for you. Unless of course you deactivate all features and only turn them on when needed.

Then again, there's the flip phone. :p

Have to agree with this. Batteries have a long way to go to catch up with 4g phones. I have always had to charge my phone at night or plug it in during the day. There is no difference with this phone.

Androidatic

Reaction score
I went through 8 incredibles lol. I got sick of them and Verizon sent me a droid x. Maybe I had bad luck but I wont get another HTC phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have a original launch Incredible and it's still chugging away.

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

mykesorrel

Reaction score
HTC's radios are terrible, I was warned before buying this Pos thunderbolt but didn't listen.

I have learned my lesson and will be sticking to Motorola from now on.

Have an upgrade that I have been sitting on since June.

Was going to wait for the nexus but not going for flash again. A phone is worthless if you get terrible no reception.

Will be picking up a razr shortly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, will continue, but i for one can say my Dinc 2 that i just literally trying to sell after buying the Razr radio was horrid compared to the Razr. In my room i would literally get barely 2 signals, even at my girlfriend house. Now, with the Razr i get full bars at both places and constant, even though i'm waiting on the GN, i might seriously consider keeping this phone just for the radio.

jplujones

Reaction score
Rezound only $49 at Costco Online (for existing Veriozn Customers!!!)

Rezound only $49 at Costco Online (for existing Veriozn Customers!!!) I thought it was a mistake, but the phone representative told me that it wasn't an error.