Returned Razr today for a HTC Rezound

EL Lacost

Reaction score
That is too thick its already thick enough without the extended battery

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

ghoticov

Reaction score
I'm thinking about the same thing. I don't mind the integrated battery, but after extended use a few things irk me about the RAZR. Mainly the wide sides. I thought this wouldn't bother me, but for some reason it just causes issues w/ natural typing. I'm always hitting the key just a TINY bit off and spellcheck comes w/ some funky stuff. The battery life is okay, but not astounding. I expect the Rezound to be similar, but at least I have options.

The main thing is the bootloader. I didn't think the locked boot would bother me, but it sort of reminds me of all the things I could be missing since you tend to find a lot more development on other phones since it's easy to drop them on via things like Clockwork.

We'll see, but I have a feeling I'm going the same route. I'm going to give it until Friday to determine for sure, and maybe see if the Galaxy Nexus finally gets a set date and go from there.

I have Clockwork Mod on my RAZR, not sure what you mean.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rezounds screen puts every other smartphones screen to shame, including the Razr screen, that 720p high rez screen is just fantastic, have not seen anything like it to date on a smartphone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Wopback

Reaction score
Got my razr and love it.....battery tip: let the battery completely drain 2-3 times, followed by a full charge. This breaks in the battery and it will last longer. Mine last a whole day with moderate-heavy use

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rezound's screen is the clearest, most accurate screen out there. True RGB vs pentile RGBW (Bionic) and RGBG (Razr). But... it won't be near as readable in sunlight or bright situations as the Bionic or Razr.

OP
C

ccgustavus

Reaction score
I agree with jntdroid...screen is great, but I usually set my screen at 25% and outside I can't see it at all. I have to turn it up to 80 or auto.

ElectroM

Reaction score
I am considering the Rezound for my next phone. I still use my OG Droid, but it is getting old, doesn't have enough memory, and is getting slow. What I really like about the Droid is the plain vanilla Android, no Blur or Sense. That is why I am waiting on the Galaxy Nexus before buying. I am off contract as of this month. What I would like to know is how good is the call quality, does the Rezound drop calls and how good is the reception. My previous phone was an HTC PPC-6800 and nowhere near as good as the Droid. The Droid has a much better radio than my old HTC. I guess what I am trying to find out is if HTC radios have improved. My old HTC PPC-6800 was also a Windows phone and really sucked compared to android.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was playing with the Rezound at the same time I was checking out the Razr, and just didn't like the phone. It felt more sluggish than the Razr, seemed like a big brick, and the touch screen didn't seem as responsive.

MsJones

Reaction score
I played with the Razr and the Rezound today and I am leaning towards the Rezound. I love how slim the Razr is but I just can't deal with another Motorola phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I did the same thing I will give my input on why i went with the rezound as well..

First and foremost was battery.. and yes i was a bit worried/skeptical as I had the TB on launch day and the battery was beyond bad... But today was my first charge and it made it 14 hours or so with moderate use more streaming radio than anything else.. I never even made it 10 hours with the Razr with similar usage and I had it 6 days and went through 7 or 8 complete discharge recharge battery cycles and battery life never showed any signs of improving.

Second would be the screen. The 720p screen is nice although I mainly like the more natural colors as opposed to the more saturated "fake" colors of the screen on the Razr.

Next the camera.. I played with the rezound and razr cameras in the vzw store and the rezound camera was not only faster, it also had less out of focus pics and sharper more properly exposed pictures

I also have really come to like HTC sense... Blur isn't all that bad but for one I don't like the glow that happens when when scrolling and selecting apps. Also sense seems to have more option of stuff you can turn off/on at your desire.

Now the things I miss or like better on razr.. the thinness and just overal asthetics of the phone. (although it did feel a bit wide to me). But you gotta admit it's a good looking phone. :)

I don't have nor do i see myself getting the ENORMOUS extended battery as that makes the phone almost like a closed nextel flip phone..

Overall I am happier with the rezound, and if you have any other specific questions or comparisons I would be glad to give my opinion.

brooklyn8874

Reaction score
I did the same I returned my razr and got the rezound
Razr is cool but its hard to hold on to type and i have big hands to keyboard is small to battery sucks
The rezound has good screen quality the speaker on it its beuatiful picture taking awesome and I get 7 hours of heavy usage on the phone and its fully charge in 40 minutes the razr took me like 4 hours to get fully charge

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
I am happy with my Razr, I have it now for only 7 or 8 hours and I fine with the battery life...I understand that motorola is coming out with a fix for the or new software for the Razr and Bionic, anyway my 14 days is up...So I am stuck with the Razr for two years....I can't wait too here the thoughts on the new HTC Rezound that out..If the bionic and the razr are having battery problems..I am sure the HTC Rezound will have the same type of problem...Even the HTC thunderbolt has battery problem...Until they come out with software too fix all these battery problem, we will have too live with it...:happy:

brooklyn8874

Reaction score
It's cool I still have 3 upgrades on the other phones if I don't like it ill hey another 1 lol

tc1

Reaction score
I am considering the Rezound for my next phone. I still use my OG Droid, but it is getting old, doesn't have enough memory, and is getting slow. What I really like about the Droid is the plain vanilla Android, no Blur or Sense. That is why I am waiting on the Galaxy Nexus before buying. I am off contract as of this month. What I would like to know is how good is the call quality, does the Rezound drop calls and how good is the reception. My previous phone was an HTC PPC-6800 and nowhere near as good as the Droid. The Droid has a much better radio than my old HTC. I guess what I am trying to find out is if HTC radios have improved. My old HTC PPC-6800 was also a Windows phone and really sucked compared to android.

HTC's radios are terrible, I was warned before buying this Pos thunderbolt but didn't listen.

I have learned my lesson and will be sticking to Motorola from now on.

Have an upgrade that I have been sitting on since June.

Was going to wait for the nexus but not going for flash again. A phone is worthless if you get terrible no reception.

Will be picking up a razr shortly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC's radios are terrible, I was warned before buying this Pos thunderbolt but didn't listen.

I have learned my lesson and will be sticking to Motorola from now on.

Have an upgrade that I have been sitting on since June.

Was going to wait for the nexus but not going for flash again. A phone is worthless if you get terrible no reception.

Will be picking up a razr shortly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I've now owned the Inc1, Inc2, Sensation 4G, Thunderbolt, and now the Rezound for a few days. The only one that was bad was the Bolt - and that was not all the Bolt's fault. And for comparison's sake, I've also owned the D1, DX, DX2 - three (well arguably three ;)) great Moto phones.

The irony of your statement is that the Bionic and Razr are the ones having the biggest radio problems - the Bionic more than the Razr obviously.

HTC gets a bad rap as having weaker hardware, but I think that's either an old wives' tale that no longer exists, or something someone from Motorola started... ;)