Return Key for Sending

mbspark

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set the return key to actually send an message on the Pro? It's only entered a new line for me.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Mine only seems to work for Searching and for making a new line / paragraph (like you already mentioned). I haven't figured out a way to map it for actually SENDING, but maybe someone else can jump in here to guide us.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I would love to know how to set this too. It's such a small issue, on a phone that so far I absolutely LOVE, but this would make things A LOT easier.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I do not believe its possible. I have tried everywhere to find a setting. I too would like it as an option but im getting used to reaching up and hitting send on the screen.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

M.J.H.

Reaction score
It is absolutely possible, download an app called Handcent Messaging. Creates the iPhone style text messaging and you can set a picture to yourself so it looks like two people actually talking which looks kind of funny. Anyway go into Messages -> Settings -> Turn off Notifications for regular text messaging because you don't want the Handcent SMS notification and the default text SMS notification.

And you can go to settings in the Handcent application and set the Enter key on the physical keyboard to send.... ah reminds me of my Bold!! :)

BubbaRob

Reaction score
It is absolutely possible, download an app called Handcent Messaging. Creates the iPhone style text messaging and you can set a picture to yourself so it looks like two people actually talking which looks kind of funny. Anyway go into Messages -> Settings -> Turn off Notifications for regular text messaging because you don't want the Handcent SMS notification and the default text SMS notification.

And you can go to settings in the Handcent application and set the Enter key on the physical keyboard to send.... ah reminds me of my Bold!! :)

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I do not like Handcent. I was hoping for a stock messaging app option. :unsure: Maybe a future software update will add this feature.

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Oh I always assume everyone loves Handcent because it has never given me a problem but in that case yeah hopefully it is added.