Return Gnex or get extended battery?

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Just got the Gnex and love it excpet the battery really kills it.

Should I keep it and get a big extended battery or just return it?

My concern with the extended battery is it will make it ugly. lol

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I love my nexus. I hate my 3800 mah battery for my nexus. I'm charging again for the third time today. I sleep maybe 8 hours a day If that maybe less. If I'm woke I'm usually near my phone or on it.

I don't think any battery will help this phone or maybe my habits are just too much..

I'm a POWER user all the way..

Galaxy Nexus
AOKP milestone 5
Francos kernel build 158

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I have the extended battery (2100?)and the stock battery. Gets me through the day. 6 am to midnight. And a car charger to just in cases. Lol

Reaction score
I have a Trexcell 3800 mah battery. When I first got it, I was a bit disappointed because it seemed like the battery wasn't lasting as long as it should. You're supposed to let the battery discharge all the way to 0 and recharge it until full. That "conditions" the battery as the instructions put it. It has taken a while (I've had the battery since March) but the battery life is indeed improving. I've heard that this isn't the case with everyone who has it but I'm glad I got a good one. Not bad for a $20.00 battery lol and no I'm not working for trexcell.

billyk

Reaction score
I got my GNex with an externded battery - it was VZW "taking care of me" a few months back when I refused to use my Bionic any longer and demanded a GNex. The Manager I worked with had a GNex and said "I am just sending you the extended battery, it'll make you happy". It has. The GNex is the greatest phone I've owned yet and battery life is quite good if you set up/use the GNex properly. Lots of threads here on that subject.

When I recently went to purchase a back-up externded battery for times when I just need more power immediately, I bought this instead:

Amazon.com: Anker Astro 5600mAh Backup External Battery Pack and Charger (Power Bank) with Flashlight for LG: Revolution, Thrill 4G, Optimus 3D, Optimus 7, T-Mobile G2X, P500, GT540, GW620, GX500, KP500, Rumer Touch; T-Mobile: MyTouch 4G, Sidekick 4G

For me, a great decision. No need to remove my case, pop off back, swap batteries, replace back, replace case. It's just instant power - and a crazy amount of it. I can charge my GNex from relatively low battery to 100% 3x on one Battery Bank charge. It's designed and built beautifully. Plus, it charges my GNex 2x as fast as the OEM charger. PLUS, it comes with adapters to charge up my wife's and kid's phones, and other devices too. What a no-brainer purchase for me.

Hope that helps!

bsmith0731

Reaction score
billyk said:
I got my GNex with an externded battery - it was VZW "taking care of me" a few months back when I refused to use my Bionic any longer and demanded a GNex. The Manager I worked with had a GNex and said "I am just sending you the extended battery, it'll make you happy". It has. The GNex is the greatest phone I've owned yet and battery life is quite good if you set up/use the GNex properly. Lots of threads here on that subject.

When I recently went to purchase a back-up externded battery for times when I just need more power immediately, I bought this instead:

Amazon.com: Anker Astro 5600mAh Backup External Battery Pack and Charger (Power Bank) with Flashlight for LG: Revolution, Thrill 4G, Optimus 3D, Optimus 7, T-Mobile G2X, P500, GT540, GW620, GX500, KP500, Rumer Touch; T-Mobile: MyTouch 4G, Sidekick 4G

For me, a great decision. No need to remove my case, pop off back, swap batteries, replace back, replace case. It's just instant power - and a crazy amount of it. I can charge my GNex from relatively low battery to 100% 3x on one Battery Bank charge. It's designed and built beautifully. Plus, it charges my GNex 2x as fast as the OEM charger. PLUS, it comes with adapters to charge up my wife's and kid's phones, and other devices too. What a no-brainer purchase for me.

Hope that helps!

Just to confirm. That can work with the nexus?? It doesn't say so on the description..

Galaxy Nexus
AOKP milestone 5
Francos kernel build 158

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Just to confirm. That can work with the nexus?? It doesn't say so on the description..

Galaxy Nexus
AOKP milestone 5
Francos kernel build 158

It actually does say it in the description a little farther down
Samsung: I9000 / Galaxy S II I9100 / T-Mobile Galaxy S II T989 / AT&T Galaxy S II I777 / AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 / Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch / Galaxy Nexus Prime / Galaxy Note / Focus S / Infuse

Semaj

Reaction score
Quick question; when first using one of the extended batteries like the 3800 mah, are you supposed to let it discharge completely before the first charge, or start by fully charging first? Just ordered one from Seidio and the last battery I bought from them came nowhere close to what was advertised.

Reaction score
Quick question; when first using one of the extended batteries like the 3800 mah, are you supposed to let it discharge completely before the first charge, or start by fully charging first? Just ordered one from Seidio and the last battery I bought from them came nowhere close to what was advertised.
I don't remember but it should say on the instructions that come with it.

rayhodge02

Reaction score
Just got the Gnex and love it excpet the battery really kills it.

Should I keep it and get a big extended battery or just return it?

My concern with the extended battery is it will make it ugly. lol
I'm assuming your stock...did you not want to root your phone I can tell you I have a 2100 battery rooted and get about 24 hours battery lifte moderate usage screen time almost 3 hours my extended battery you cant see the difference

Semaj

Reaction score
I broke down and got the Seidio 3800 battery for my GNex and I must admit I am thoroughly impressed. I am on my third conditioning cycle and already getting an average of 40 hours between charges with moderate to heavy use. Was a little leary going back to Seidio after the last fiasco with their extended battery for my Thunderbolt, which came no where near the advertised specs. I love my GNEX now.